Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Maxima

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I just switched over to royal purple 10-40.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
So how much is this Xado a quart because all the part stores around here are going to stop carrying RP in 10-40 because it doesn't sell actually all of the 10-40 oils so im buying up all the royal purple I can get and its going for six bucs a quart to get rid of it but its getting hard to find an the 10-40 in there motorcycle oil is fifteen a quart.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm going to run Cerma in mine, it retails for around 16 a quart but is leaps and bounds above RP or Lucas.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I seen that a year or two ago but where can you find it at I herd that they got sued and you couldn't get it.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
The original founders went there separate ways and had a legal dispute. My girl friend is a rep for them, currently you have to get it either from a dealer or straight from the company. I checked and 10w-30 retails for 13.32. 10w-40 wasn't on her price list but were checking on the exact price. If any one is interested in getting some get me a message and you can order it through me. It would be shipped directly from the company to your door.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh and you can view all there products at cermausa.com

·
Registered
752 Posts
I run 20w-50 should i switch to 10-40?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Depends on temperature where you ride. It hardly ever gets to freezing here and certainly gets HOT in the summer so 20-50 is all I run in everything I have. There's a chart in the manual and it's here some where but can't find it at moment.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ye I seen the chart. I also run 20-50 in my bike. I just didn't know if it was an advantage having lighter weight oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like in tn do not real cold

·
Registered
535 Posts
No advantage to changing it in my mind unless you will be riding in cold weather. I think it's best to follow the chart. If need be change oil in spring and fall to accommodate the temp changes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like in tn do not real cold

Wow I must have been sleep writing. What I meant to say was I live in tn. Doesnt get real cold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I always ran Amsoil in my Raptor. I had some left so I used that up in the Brute until recently I switched to Mobil 1 4T 10-40. Switched front diff too, but I run 20-50 in that.
Rear diff runs Kendall Hyken 052. I have 5gal that was given to me by my work, so that should last me a long time!

Been running Mobil 1 in my vehicles for the last 10+ years. I've never had a failure due to oil. One of my trucks even drank some water and mud while running M1. Internals still looked like new and put quite a few miles on that truck afterwards. I'm still not sure why I ran Amsoil in my Raptor instead of Mobil, but I never had a problem with that either.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey what do u guys suggests for oil and filter this is my first brute and I want to get the good stuff or close to it nothing cheap

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have some Cerma oil left from MudNats that we would rather sell than ship back to the company. I ran the oil and engine treatment both in mine during the trip. Not one problem and I pegged my temp guage out on one trail not paying attention. Over 280 and she still had no issues, at least until we went upside down in the sand pit.

141 - 160 of 212 Posts