Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Maxima

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
How is she doing after the sand pit incident would be a true test of the cerma.

commando tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haven't started her yet. That was my last trip through and it was about 6:30 yesterday evening so we through a rope on and loaded it up. Ive already drained the oil. So much water it looked like chocolate milk. Going to get the rest of the fluids changed in the next day or so and flush it real good. I'll report back on how it runs when I get done.

·
Registered
482 Posts
What's the best weight oil to run Ina brute 750?

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's what I thought I've heard ppl say 20/50 because it would help keep them cooler

·
7,411 Posts
That's what I thought I've heard ppl say 20/50 because it would help keep them cooler
Not realy sure it actualy would. The down sides are the extra strain on the pumps drive chain will stretch it faster and the additional distance the relief has to travel to maintain the oil pressure should weaken it's spring in time. Maybe after things get to the point of needing replacement and it starts using oil go to a bit heavier oil but... IMO...if you are having engine cooling problems, look into an oil cooler and look for coolant systems problems.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks mines not overheating but I appreciate your opinion

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Mine runs so much quieter and cooler with the royal purple.

(2011 750 I should be working on it instead of talking about it)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i use it n my trk n now ima use it n my bike. im having 2 redo the bottom end on it and ima break it n rite n ima keep runnin it, il pay $9 a qt

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I switched over to royal purple from the cheap stuff. And not even a month later spun a rod bearing. When I pulled my motor, there was no water, oil still looked new.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I think your damage was already done before the switch imo. Filthyredneck on here ran the rp oil and when he took the motor apart for a transmission repair he said everything still looked new.

(2011 750 I should be working on it instead of talking about it)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Has anybody run Joe gibbs oil I ran it n my dirt late model and oli temp would get crazy hi and it would not brake down they make it for crate motors and open motors

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quaker State 10w40 Fram Tough Guard going to upgrade to Bosch Dirt filter next time..

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I still like running rotella 15-40 in mine.
Thats what I run in my Cummins lol. 10w-40 in the brutes....Castrol. Ran 10w-40 Royal Purple for a long time in my 08, but since the rebuild I havnt bothered to swap it back to synthetic. Running BRP Summer Blend (20w-50) in both of the hams.

"Killing Time Using Tapatalk 2"

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thinking about switching to a synthetic when I get home. Should I switch directly from a standard 10W40 to a full synthetic or start with a synthetic blend then next time go full synthetic?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just go straight to synthetic. The whole Dino oil to semi-syn to full-syn is an old wives tail leftover from the 70's.

Back then the synthetic oil they had wasn't compatible with Dino oil, nowadays it is. And besides when you do an oil change you'll be leaving behind like an ounce or two of old oil, not enough to matter.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just go straight to synthetic. The whole Dino oil to semi-syn to full-syn is an old wives tail leftover from the 70's.

Back then the synthetic oil they had wasn't compatible with Dino oil, nowadays it is. And besides when you do an oil change you'll be leaving behind like an ounce or two of old oil, not enough to matter.
X2 done it many times no problems.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts