Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound like the correct backspacing and size for the 08 brute 750? I will be putting 29.5 laws on them....Will I need spacers or no? (I shaved the tabs off the hubs already)

THIS IS THE REPLY FROM THE DEALER:

The bolt pattern you need is 4x110 and I have them in this pattern.
The backspace is 4 on the fronts and 2.7 for the rears.

I think it is a great deal on new XD revolvers in matt black. ($220 w/lugs, $200 w/o) brand new?????

·
Administrator
15,500 Posts
no They should all 4 be the same offset. Tell them you just want 4 - 4/110 IRS rims. They will fit w/o spacers or wide offset rims, unless you just want it to have a wider stance. Then you can get some spacers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no They should all 4 be the same offset. Tell them you just want 4 - 4/110 IRS rims. They will fit w/o spacers or wide offset rims, unless you just want it to have a wider stance. Then you can get some spacers.
Thank you...Stupid question, but does that mean I then want 4 of the 4" backspaced ones, or 4 of the 2.7" backspaced ones?

·
Administrator
15,500 Posts
I believe that normal offset for aftermarket IRS rims for the brute 750 is 5+2, which is how it should show up in the specs for the rim, not in inches. I'm not %100 on this, maybe someone else will chime in shortly...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I thought 4-110 was only 650's double check the fit guide

·
Administrator
15,500 Posts
I thought 4-110 was only 650's double check the fit guide
no, they are 4/110 for both IRS bikes, the 650SRA has a different pattern. But all brute IRS are 4/110. Which is awesome b/c you can buy rims from honda & yammy IRS owners ;) Really opens up the used market for us.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks all...So is the 5x2 the correct offset for all 4 tires, or do I want different fronts or rears to run a 29.5 with a 2" lift? THe website listed below has the backspacing in inches too (even though this is NOT the dealer I am buying them from)
Right now i have SRA wheels on the back and love the look of them sticking out a little but they only have 27" MSTs on it too, not the big monsters.
200$ is a great price for these wheels right? THis site below has them for 108 each plus shipping. I am getting them for 200.
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-7726-xd-series-atvsxs-revolver-matte-black-wheels.aspx
Just still confused on which offset ot get if they only list them in inches.
Appreciate it guys.
Mike

·
Administrator
15,500 Posts
I dunno. I get confused by all that offset BS b/c they wont use 1 dern set of standards and stick to it. Here's what I suggest. Call our sponsor, www.MudThrowers.com and ask him if he can get those rims (im sure he can) and what they cost.

IMO you should never run different offsets f/r on an IRS. Some do, if they run a skinny tire up front, to make it sit out the same width as the back. To each his own....

It all comes down to what you want. They will fit fine w/ a 2" lift and plain ole IRS rims. If thats all you are concearned about your good to go. If you want it to sit wider just get some spacers or order 3 SRA style rims instead of IRS.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
maybe this will help everyone visualize offset and what the various numbers mean

·
Administrator
15,500 Posts
so what i gather from that site then, is that the 0/4 is a plain ole IRS rim. No offset. The -33/2.7 would be a wider offset rim, like an SRA style wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts