Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 08 brute 650i i only got it 3 months now and I was stuck iin some mud and I wore the belt out?? I got the dealer to replace it, he gave me the old belt to look at, it didn't look bad to me. DOES IT TAKE MUCH TO BURN UP A BELT??

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
If your tryin to mud in High yeah you can burn one up quick, also giving it he** in reverse will burn one up quick too. What tires are you running? Anything other than stock you will want to change your secondary spring, and that will help the belt problem greatly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now that I have been riding it again, I notice a slight squeal when I am in gear but only at idle, did the dealer do something wrong?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The belt squealing in gear at idle is normal for a good tight belt. If you are running 25" tires I wouldn't bother with changing out the secondary. On the belt he gave you where the sides shiny and glazed looking?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I would run an Almond secondary...even with factory tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he showed me where it was worn, I couldn't really tell what part of the belt for which side. I will look at later. it just seemed that there wasn't much rubber gone.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
You might have just burned a small spot on it.You done the right thing having it changed. Keep it for a back up. You might need it in a pinch.

The squealing while at ideal in gear is a good thing. That means the belt is good and tight.

For those tires your stock springs are fine. Just be careful in the mud. Be sure you keep it in low when mudding or pulling a load. You could put a almond in it for a little lower gearing but you don't have to.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
^ exactly. good tip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts