Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is too loud?

Have a whurring like noise, but not severe and some light tapping.

Machine is working fine.

Belt looks fine (about 200 miles on it), not water or debris in cover.

I'm not worried about it, but just wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about. Ride with all Hondas, so nothing to compare it to.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
bushings get worn in the clutch after a while.
Bet its normal wear.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Yeah,the clutch will starts to make noises after it gets some miles on it. I need to send mine to John for some TLC.;)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
sounds like normal wear, mine does it too

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
so does mine and with the snorkels on it i got a speaker right in my face amplifying it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine does too

·
Registered
46 Posts
anyone have an idea how much vforcejohn charges for clutch mod

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Think it's around 300 for the stage 3

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I give $280 for mine. Its another $15 if you want the KEBC bearing removed. That price includes him shipping it back to you Priority Mail.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
What does removing the KEBC bearing change.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
It lessens rotational mass.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
If you remove it does it effect your bike in any way other than gains.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
According to VFJ you wont hardly notice the KEBC being gone, except for a slow speeds. That is what he told me the other day when I talked to him. I sent my primary off to him yesterday, so hopefully I will have it back friday or saturday, I am haveing the stage 2 and KEBC removal done.

·
The Muskeg Magician
22 Posts
I thought I was hearing bottom end motor noise on my '08, scared the crap outta me so I took off the cvt cover and fired it up, its definitely noise from the primary.......you are probably hearing the same thing. I guess this is normal? When I grab the primary assembly I can feel play in it when I move it from side to side......normally you wouldnt think this was right but my friends '08 makes the same noise. Quad has 400 hours on it but the cvt had a drink a few times( gotta love that precision engineering ) before I added the snorkels.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I will provide a little update, I got my Primary back from V-Force John on Friday, and got everything reinstalled, and all I have got to say is WOW!!!!!, There is so much differance it isn't even funny, my Brute Hall's ou hit the throttle, you better be hanging on. I am getting to higher speeds in shorter distances, and the over all performance though out the entire power band is unreal. With out a doubt, this is the single best mod that I have had done, and highly recommend anyone having it done to there Brute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts