Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my new belt on and tightened it, now it squeals a lil when its in gear just idleing. its not tryin to jump forward or anything. i was wondering if the belt was too tight (i took the thinner or the two shims out) or was this kinda normal.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
mine whines like that when I'm sitting still, and I know mines not too tight, if anything its on the lose side.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good i was thinkin i read somewhere that it was okay, but i couldnt find where i read it lol. i didnt measure my belt after i tightened it (culdnt remember the exact specs at the time) but from the pics in the how-to section on the website, i knew bout where it needed to be and i knew from measuring before hand it was way to loose. i guess illmeasure it tonite when i take the cover back off to untrip the belt switch lmfao

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
yeah the whining is just common w/ the brutes. Everyone I've ever ridden with there's whined sitting still

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
Yeah they all whine while sitting still in gear, should stop if you go to neutral.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it stops in neutral.

hows the lift coming along?

·
Team BS
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dats right!!!:rockn:

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Just put a new one on mine and has a whine/slight squeel sometimes too.

Guessing it's normal or a break in noise?

Last new belt I put a on did the same thing until I burn't it slightly pulling a Polaris out of a mud hole, went away after that.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
^ yep.
No creeping. Mine is on the tight side. It will squeal a little idling in gear.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Idle too high or belt too tight if its creepin . Does it grind when you put in gear ?

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Idle too high or belt too tight if its creepin . Does it grind when you put in gear ?
Nope.

Thought I had the idle too high and seems better since I adjusted but still seems to creap a bit sometimes.

Belt is brand new, but not an OEM (which I took off). Deflection was withing specs, but did seem a tad better than the old belt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts