Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I am in the process of putting a second snorkle on my brute today when i noticed the front long bracket was bent.. I will post pics tomorrow. I wonder what the warranty is on it?? I have always liked this lift better than others, I'm not knocking it, cause I do ride pretty hard.. I see a 4 inch lift in my future...

The top bracket is the new one xpatv sent me and the bottom is obviously the bent one.. The new bracket does not appear to made of any differently.. If it bends again I will modify it myself..

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i belive i saw someone say that they bent or broke a bracket and called them about it and they sent them a replacement for free.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
the design of the lift looks nice but its no where near as strong as the design of the HL lift.

several people have reported bending the front brackets.

be sure to post the pics because I'd like to see it myself.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
if I buy another lift I'll be going with an extreme

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here ya go.. I really like this lift, the front bracket just needs to be a little bit beefier.. I will be calling them tomorrow.. I prolly wont even put the bracket on, just save it for the next buyer of it.. I plan on getting a 4 inch catvos in the summer..

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would just keep an eye on it.. I have jumped mine hard and a lot of wheelies... I still would recommend it to anyone...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I wonder if thick zip ties would remedy that problem?
They make them in 150lb +
i bet it would strapping that bracket to that brace it runs along..
3 right in the middle, 2 on the ends and 1 on each side between the end on the 3 in the middle.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the same thing, but more along the lines of baling wire... :rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
think you can get it as tight and snug fitting?

·
Registered
63 Posts
how about hose clamps?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
another good one.
Im sure any of these proposed fixes will be good enough to keep it from bowing out in the middle like that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm going to try the zip ties since I just put mine on.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
get those really big ones they have at lowes. they're like 175lb +
about 1/4 in wide. they'll hold it for sure.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Will do.....

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
looks like they need to come with the lift kit!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
last night i went to home depot lookin fer some of them zip ties. i ended up stayin in there an hour anda half before i found 'em cuz i couldnt quit lookin at other cool stuff. i hate that place. i ended up with like 70 bucks worth of **** too that i actually probably dont need

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
haha. that was the plan.
Hide what you need so you have to look at all the other stuff while yer looking for it.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just got off the phone with XPATV.. They will be sending me out a new bracket no questions asked... Talk about top notch costumer service... :rockn:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts