Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Radial outlaws hands down !

From what he has said, I dont think those are the tires for him. They are just too heavy and possibly too agressive.

Bighorns are great all around tires. I'm going to pick up a set of 28s for my 900 soon. The 26s were too small for my taste and just didnt look right. A lot of the guys on the RZR Forum swear by the Pitbulls, even over the bighorns, but they are heavy. Also from what I have read, the Moto MTCs are also good all terrain tires but they are also heavy. I picked up a 28x10x14 Moto MTC and I swear it weighed more than my 26x12x12 Bighorn Mounted on a wheel.

BTW For such a small tire like a 26 I'd stick with a 12" rim.

·
Registered
166 Posts
my brother-n-law has the bighorns and he is very happy with them. they do run big

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just installed a set of 26" Dirt Commanders and they didn't seem to rob too much power even with an 8 ply rating

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you checked out the Sun-F tires? they have a tire similar to the maxxis Bighorn, I have some on my Can-am Maverick, a 12 ply run-flat option, GPS Offroad Products sells them, they even got them tested and approved by the U.S. Military.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I'd love to hear more on the sun F, weight ,sizes and , how they wear. I was thinking grim reapers next but I'm intrigued by the run flat. I must have 15 holes in my mudlites, I keep seeing little green goo seeping out of them. That stuff works great, they they havent gone flat w all the holes since I put a bottle in. nkawierider's review on the reapers had me pricing them out. In the end of my long search it was down to bighorns or reapers.

"it's a trick!! Get an axe!!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
IIRC the Dominators are made by Sun F. There was a thread on here where someone bought Dominators from Super ATV and they said Sun F on the sidewalls

·
Registered
164 Posts
look just gowith the bighorns. i can assure you that you wont be disappointed. i know they are a top notch trail tire and i also know they arent bad in the snow at all.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I just put 28" Moto MTC's on my Ranger. They have nice deep lugs that clean out and perform well in the mud, but they ride nice and smooth on the hard pack. Not sure how tough they are, only got about 20 miles on them, but they held up pretty well on my first ride with the heavy Ranger.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I looked up sun tire military runflats here is their 12 ply sizes and weights
25x8x12 29 lbs
25x10x12 35 lbs
26x9x12 31 lbs
26x9x14 35 lbs
27x9x14 37 lbs
They didn't give me the 6 ply info yet

"it's a trick!! Get an axe!!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In Costco the other day with my better half & saw they have Grim Reapers for sale.

Greenball Grim Reaper ATV Tire

400 bucks gets you a pair of 25X8's and a pair of 25X10's. (12") Not sure if that is better than the combo's available out there.. I'm gonna go with the ITP SS212's as well I think...

Tire-wise, it's going to be either these or Bighorns. I've seen that Grim Reapers run a little big, so sticking with the 25" should still be fine. I dunno.. maybe I'll go with 26'... we'll see.

anyway.. fyi.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
In Costco the other day with my better half & saw they have Grim Reapers for sale.

Greenball Grim Reaper ATV Tire

400 bucks gets you a pair of 25X8's and a pair of 25X10's. (12") Not sure if that is better than the combo's available out there.. I'm gonna go with the ITP SS212's as well I think...

anyway.. fyi.
I had a set of these in 27" for 14" wheels and I loved them. Super all terrain tire. Good in the mud and excellent everywhere else. And 8 ply radials mean they will last. You can't go wrong with the reapers.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts