Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I'm new to MIMB and fairly new to riding. I have an '07 BF 650 IRS and am wondering how deep I can go without modifying it. What do I need to be concerned with i.e. Airbox, Exhaust, Wiring, Radiator Fan etc ?

·
KAJUN MUD SLINGERS
88 Posts
i would go maybe 2 1/2 to 3 foot but really watch the airbox and beltbox

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
if you're goin slow, i'd go no deeper than top of tires. if you're goin fast, avoid that 2 inch deep puddle.
What Big P said...:agreed:

If you go 3 foot in a stock bike your air box will be full....36 inches is about where the racks are.....You would be alot better off to just snorkel it. Safer too. JMHO...

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
I agree... snorkeling is a good insurance policy. Even if you dont plan on ever really going that deep... Just incase you ever "accidentally" do, you will be ok. If you are worried about looks any, You can make them short, & low profile so they dont stick out as bad.

There are others who have made them even shorter than mine..

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
:agreed: I am putting snorks on mine for the insurance. I like to ride and most of it is not all that deep but dont want to have to rebuild the motor because i did not spend $80 to insure that i dont put water in my air box. I have put water in my belt housing before and had to park it and let drain and dry as everyone else got to ride and have fun.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
carb vent lines, gas tank vent line, & radiator overflow bottle vent line.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Polaris425 you don't nappen to know the size of the carb vent lines?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
not off the top of my head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts