Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, New to the forum and I have searched High and lowfor my answer but nothing comes close to the answer i need. I recently purchased a 2003 Eiger auto. P.o. swamped it the bike was smoking like a skeeter fogger. I installed the 453 BBK from 4 stroke tech. I got it all back from the machine shop put it together. Timing is dead on. and with the spark plug in the machine will not turn over not by the starter not by pull rope. Now if I remove the plug it will spin over no problems by either starter or rope. I have not checked compression but it has to be way up there. holding you're finger over the S.P. hole it will push you're finger out. but while on the suction stroke is where it will stop. Pull you're finger off and you can spin it over. I'm about to pull my hair out on this one. Please help.
Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Had that problem befor on a Raptor. It was 180 out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like you adj. the valves with the cam 180 off.

with the plug out rotate motor over with rope starter slow tell the intake valve opens then close then rotate motor over with rope start very slow looking for the TDC mark in the site hole by the rope starter then Adj. the valves .

Did you check the Quench clearence ????
I have ran into problems with Mickeys kits, milled to much and had to run 2 cyl base gaskets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I floped the cam back over 180 same thing. i got pissed off i noticed that while pulling it around that when either intake or exhaust vlv's start to open it gets really tight. Talked to a friend of mine. He used to Own the local Yamaha shop. he said on a brand new motor it will be heck to start a new motor with the rope. He said he'd bet money the battery is only carring a surface charge. He's gonna check it out then we'll go from there. I'm going to put it back together tonight. Hopefully it is the battery.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had a similar problem when I built my Raptor. It was bored 80 over with JE high compression piston and Stage II Hot Cam. It was very hard to start when cold, and sometimes had to be pull started. But when it was warmed up it would fire right off.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.