Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody that has a full big gun on a brute force 650i or 750 does your rivets leak on the pipe where the collector attaches? A few of mine are loose and are leaking/rattling and I haven't put but maybe 2 hours on it tops. I'm thinking about just putting a big hose clamp around the rivets and tightening the mess out of it. my other option is replace rivets or weld it together as i probably will never change pipes out and if i do the weld wouldnt effect it. Looking for input not wanting to take the time to worry with the warranty over something this small.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
did you buy it new? if so I would contact big gun. I heard of another guy having problems and they hooked him up w/ another one.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What he said^. Can't recall what the big gun cost but thought it was close to the Muzzy.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
What he said^. Can't recall what the big gun cost but thought it was close to the Muzzy.
much cheaper I think the big gun full ~= the muzzy slip on! haha... I think the difference between the 2 full systems is like $150-$200

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Big gun can be had for $400 to the door.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Got the Muzzy for 508 to the door.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
if so, let me know where. I might as go all out while I'm going..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes, Two head pipes, two c shaped pipes, extension for front head pipe back to collector connection, collector with springs and muffler.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
Price: $494.95
Retail: $549.95
Save: $55.00

nice :rockn:

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i bought it new but can find any paperwork on it as it was Christmas gift. Ill contact the place they bought it from and see what they say. Then I have to try and get it back off the headers.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The price for the Pro pipe is up there a bit though. I'm not a pro however, just a beer driniking puddle jumper.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mine was 508.?? to the door.

Another Alabamian, I'm from Birmingham originally.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might have went with muzzy if i could have found it that cheap to my door. But anyway just packed up the pipe to send back and they said it would leave back out same day they got it. The guy was kinda shocked that is what leaking exhaust out of the rivet holes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well, thanks for the link, and you get a free T-shirt, ha ah 511$ to my door for the Muzzy Full. but is it that much better than the big gun. power gains wise? i found the big gun for 388 plus shipping on amazon. just weighing the options. bout 110$ difference. is muzzy worth the extra 110$ or is it just a "name" thing.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just get the big gun and save the money.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
^ and thats comin from a guy who has the muzzy.... ;) maybe he doesnt want anyone else to have the badazz sounding brute like he has.. :D j/k bro...

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally have an exhaust headed back this way but man are they doing some weird stuff.
I am gonna wind up being without a muffler for 3 weeks.

check out this tracking info http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/summar
somehow the package jumped from going to California to Ontario, canada even though the delivered address says California and thats where my new one is coming from.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts