Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have looked to find the answer, I am sure someone will say it has already been talked about on the site. What is the biggest size tires I can run on my 07 brute. I want to use my stock wheels. I am thinking skinnys for mud and my xtr's for trail use.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
I have seen 30" mudlites on a 2008 750 Brute with stock wheels and 1.5" spacers, If your looking for skinny mud tires and keeping your XTR's for the trail I think you would be able to fit up to a 29.5x10 Outlaw.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I have 28s and have had no problems with no lift. I am now running a 2 inch lift just for the extra ground clearance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking I would be safe at 28's so it sounds like I should be ok. After you get those mimb snorks you just get a strong desire to GO DEEP. Next thing you know I will be asking what the best lift is!!

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
:agreed: I know that feeling.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
any one put 30's on an 08 with no lift? can it be done i was thinking some 30" zillas skinny wide combo proly on my SS wheels.

also does anyone have a pic of what the 9" zillas look like on some wheels

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
you will with my 30's with a 2in lift it was still close even though mine were 11 wide up front i dont think the 30 are gonna fit good with no lift now as for a 07 and down brute it may be done due to the suspension change in 08

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
yea i know the 08 are a lot lower. i have the aluminum products stick guards and it says they will not work with a lift has anyone tried to put a lift on when they had them?

·
Dirty White Boy
14 Posts
I put 27 -14 Mudlite XTR's on my 09 brute. They hit the front bumper when i ride hard. they actually tore it off

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
^^you running stock wheels when it hits? I'm running 28" mudlites and have never hit the front even on the softest setting and a winch and audio tube on the front

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
Here you go 08GreenBrute this is Debo Brute's Sig. He doesn't log on much anymore but you can shoot him a PM and get his attention if you want. He has the same a-arm guards you have and is running a 2'' Xtreme lift and 30's. He also ran the 30's for a while prior to adding the lift with only 1.5" spacers and stock wheels.

08 Brute 750
xtreme lift

30" mudlites on 212's
MIMB center snorkles
1.5" spacers on all 4
custom backrest
lil radio up front
Aluminum Products A-arm Guards

May the Force be with you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have had 30" mudlights and 29.5 laws on my STOCK 08 brute they both grab some plastic in the front but easy fix with a razor knife, the laws scrub no where else, the mmudlights with 2 people would scrub somewhere under the back fenders when i would romp on it

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
brutedaddy09 your not running a lift right

TX4PLAY thank you thats what i was looking for

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
I stickied this thread so we can all keep up with it for future reference & new people.

·
Registered
225 Posts
im runin 29.5 with no lift! but then i got a 2in lift

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
^^were you scrubin anything?

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
Varies between SRA Bikes too.... And SRA wheels. Cos' the steel wheels are alot diff than the Aluminum wheels on the SRA's. Grrrrr, Darn Gas tank.

With the Aluminum wheels I had 28" cleared just fine, well not with steel wheels, Nope, ain't happenin':saevilw:

·
Registered
50 Posts
27 xtrs on 14 wheels would rub the back foot peg plastic with 2 people and no lift shocks in stock location on an 08. 29.5 outlaws with 2 inch extreme lift with 2 people will rub bottom black plastic on the front were the winch would go on tight off camber turns front shocks stock rear all the way down for soft ride on an 08. 750 brute im talking about.

·
move out my way
121 Posts
I ran 29.5 no lift never hit unless I was in a sharp turn in a ditch or somthing I did turn the springs all the way up to help that

1 - 20 of 210 Posts