Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2009 Kawasaki brute force 750. I was riding one day and my oil light kept flashing well I never noticed that my radiator fan wasn’t cutting on. So after a few weeks on letting it sit in my shop I decided to get it out and ride it real quick before I washed it up and tried to figure out what was wrong with my fan. Well coming back up the drive way it kinda spit and sputtered a little bit then it went right back to running fine. So I get back to the house and notice oil all over the front of my air box and it’s coming from my front cylinder head gasket. I noticed that the radiator fan breaker had broken so I replaced it and changed my oil. Then rode it around for a day or so and still the radiator fan wouldn’t come on. So I put my fan on it’s own switch. The other night I was riding it and same thing happened it spit and sputtered and oil is all over my air box. And leaking out of the head gasket. I pulled the water pump cover off and the impller. I can’t tell anything. Coolant went everywhere. Head bolt are tight also. Anyone have any idea of what it could be ?

·
7,482 Posts
No tell'n now that it has been overheated for unknown times and duration's. Anything is possible...but it's likely she's toast and will need a full rebuild now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tell'n now that it has been overheated for unknown times and duration's. Anything is possible...but it's likely she's toast and will need a full rebuild now.
I just look at it now it’s not the head gasket leaking it’s the little filter about the head that is spitting oil. The bike doesn’t smoke tho

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
You are likely confusing two different issues.

If you were overheating, your coolant/temperature light would have came on.

Your oil light being on means you didnt have enough oil in your case. At minimum, based on your thread title, you wore out your rings. At worst you scored your cylinders by depleting them of enough oil.

So it is inspection time...

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
The oil is coming from the front valve cover
Always a much better location than a hole in the case!

If it is leaking there, bolts backed out or there was heat distortion at some point in the past. It is easy to miss the coolant light being on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The oil is coming from the front valve cover
Always a much better location than a hole in the case!

If it is leaking there, bolts backed out or there was heat distortion at some point in the past. It is easy to miss the coolant light being on.

ya if its coming out there with no burning or other issues then everything probably just needs to be tightened up to spec and it will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts