Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding the brute in the sand pit at mud nats this weekend and it was bogging really bad what should i do to help that out:thinking:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Does it have stock clutch springs?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
By adding the 28's you change the over all gear ratio plus there much heaver then stock. By addng stiffer tranny springs you can help your brute run higher RPms and lower speeds. This will help with the boggin problem. And also give you better backshift.

For those 28 589's i would run a EPI Maroon primary and EPI Almond secondary. That will make a nice improvement in your low speed RPMs but still have nice topend.

I read in another post that you are wanting to get some big Silver Backs. If thats the case the EPI almond will not be strong enough. You'll need a stronger secondary for those.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Exactly what Metal man said!!!....you could even put a Green secondary in....those tires are pretty heavy aren't they??

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yeah those 589's have some weight to them but tend to measure short.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Was it boggin like, it was havin trouble turnin the tires, or boggin like, cutting out, b/c if you were in water like that and you dont have some di-electric grease on, well everything under the seat & the sparkplug boots, then it will cut out b/c of the water.

But I agree w/ adding atleast a better secondary spring, to help get back some bottom end you lost w/ those heavier tires.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has dielectric grease its jus boggin down

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
ah... yeah slap you in atleast a almond secondary spring.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
On your snorkels, did u use the 2" elbow or the 3" elbow coming off the intake?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i used a 3 inch 90

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
sweet. looks like you need a new secondary spring and you'll be in business

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just orderd a lime green secondary from epi ill let you knw how its running when i get it installed

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
you'll definitely be pulling with that spring.. u watch and see!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts