Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding today and managed to break a rear axle. My question is where can I find one cheap and fast? I would like to go ahead and buy a new one but I don't really want to drop $400 on a gorilla. I was looking on Babbits and Bike Bandit and it look like the factory axle is around $350-400 and if that is the case I would rather spend that on a gorilla but only if I have to.

Someone mentioned Gambit does anyone know anything about these? Where can I find them? Are they any good? I really need one by next weekend and would like to order tonight if possible.

I will also be around the Shreveport area if there is anyplace in that direction that stocks these kind of thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
E-BAY is your friend got some unbelivable deals off there

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
go ahead and buy the gorilla and forget about it breaking again. i have heard of people buying cheap axles and breaking them the first ride. the oem and "cheap" axles are not designed to handle the steep angles of your lift along with the grip and power of the tires.
just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I broke a right rear last weekend. I went to have it rebuilt and they dont make a rebuild kit yet. Ebay has some gorilla rebuilt ones for about 225 or so, but the rebuilt ones only have a 30 day warranty and I'm like you I'm not going to spend more for a stock axle when I can buy aftermaerket for less. I found some front axles on HL but that doesn't do me any good

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thought I saw someone on HL that had all four for sale. Think he wanted $150. each

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
They have them on HL pretty often for 100 bucks, but that won't get them to you quick. So that's only half the problem.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I am trying to stay away from used at the moment but if I get desperate I may have to get one just to get me out of a pinch. I guess I will check out ebay.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
I have a guy locally here in houston that has rebuilt two of my 08 axles. It took him a while to get parts for them because they are different than the older model brutes.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I heard the 08's are different. What did they change about them.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
From what I was told the spline count and size on the axle shaft is different from the 05-07 Brutes and the cv boots are made out of almost a plastic material.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You want to be careful with cheap axles. I broke(twisted) one and it busted off inside my diff and trashed the casing!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Thanks Debo

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
I was told the same thing as Debo, supposedly the '08 650's still have the '05-07 style' axle and the whole axle will interchange with a 08 750 but you cannot rebuild the 08 750 axles using the '05-07 style' rebuild kits.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I have been running one of those gambit power front axles for a good while now, turning the 29s since put on, I got it for like 70 bucks cause i needed it right then and didnt want to spend $350 for a good one at the time!!!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just a little update.

I bought an axle from CV Restoration aka thecvman on ebay. I dont know how well its gonna hold up but I am gonna find out if this one breaks I am gonna have to dig deep and buy a Gorilla (or two or four).

I was shocked that all it took was a cheap craftsman compressor and a 1/2" Craftsman impact to get the nut off.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
What did it cost ya?

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Drillers has his stock axles for sale in the WTS section..........

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
^^ Thanks for the help buddy!! lol Got both fronts, and one rear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts