Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 07 broke force 750 and yesterday I got it in a tight spot in some mud and couldn't get the tires to move even though I've got a clutch kit and never has this problems before, so it was stuck in reverse until my buddy came over and managed to pop it into high and we got it out. I drove it onto the trailer and it wouldn't move out of high so when I got back home I just jumped the solenoid off to pull it into the garage. I went out to it after work today though and it went into neutral and reverse like nothing ever happened. The problems is now that the low doesnt work. I've pulled the the belt cover off and shifter linkage and low is the only one it wont go into. So what should my next approach be? Pull the motor out and tear it down? If so does that mean the cylinders and heads need to come off or can I just take off a side cover and get to it? thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
did you pull the linkage mount off the motor and try to go threw the gears manually,if you did and wont go into low still the hole motor has to be pulled down, heads off jugs off then split cases,let me know I have a few transmissions here complete sets

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I pulled the linkage off to manually shift it and it still would not go into low, I guess I'll pull the motor out this week and let you know what happens

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
i would not ride it if theres a broken gear in the tranny it could cause more damage than you already have, also i have several tranny parts laying around also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts