Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not home so i cant tell you exactly what happen. Just wanting some suggestions to look at when i do make it home. My mom jumped on my bike today to ride the neice around the feild and she said she rode about 10 mins and the temp light came on. I asked did the fan ever come on and she said she wasnt sure so i figured it didnt. I know it had water in the resivior when i left. Anything else i should check. Figure it might be a Fuse?

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Quite possibly a fuse. If it had water in it, it couldn't be too many things.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
thios sounds dumb but was the rad clean?? I know i have had problems before, even at cooler temperatures, with my rad being partially blocked by dry mud.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
The fan relay under the seat would be my first thought. It's a small relay that has a button on the side just push it in and see if that fixes it. I have had a similar problem before and that fixed mine.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I've had mine flash on my 08' and the fan would not kick on. I fixed that with a switch. It's probably okay, just let it idle and watch it.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
The fan relay under the seat would be my first thought. It's a small relay that has a button on the side just push it in and see if that fixes it. I have had a similar problem before and that fixed mine.

:agreed:

·
RIDEN DURTY
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the quick replys. yes it had a little dried mud that i didnt get all out when i left. I didnt think anyone was gonna ride it. Thanks for the quick replys i will be home wednesday or thursday i wll let you know for sure. Thanks JC

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
My advice, if everything is clean, then it is the relay, I have had 2 to go out on me. Thake that peice of [email protected]#% relay out and replace it with a 15 amp blade fuse, and forget about it. That is what I done with mine and havn't had anymore problems with mine, and my fan cycles on and off just like it did with the relay ( when it worked). Very quick and simple fix. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts