Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
SRA's are Prairie 650/700's with brute plastics. I'd rather have the i models cause better ground clearance and part availability. SRA's are still awesome atvs. Just comes down to personal prefrence.
W
SRA's are Prairie 650/700's with brute plastics. I'd rather have the i models cause better ground clearance and part availability. SRA's are still awesome atvs. Just comes down to personal prefrence.
So what your saying is when I'm trying to find stuff like wheel bearings , tie rods, cv axles, rear axle seals , front diff driveshaft seal , , I need to be looking for parts for a prairie 650/750 for my brute force 650 sra

·
7,436 Posts
W

So what your saying is when I'm trying to find stuff like wheel bearings , tie rods, cv axles, rear axle seals , front diff driveshaft seal , , I need to be looking for parts for a prairie 650/750 for my brute force 650 sra
Just look for parts for your specific machine. Go to any parts house like cheapcycleparts.com.

·
7,436 Posts
Apparently you didnt read my posts , I cant find none listed as sra brute ,unless it's just the regular 05 brute force 650..mine carbed and straight axle
Apparently..you may not know that- If it's not listed as a "4x4i", it's an SRA . And BTW, there were no IRS 650s in 2005. They started in 2006 so all 2005 650s were SRAs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently..you may not know that- If it's not listed as a "4x4i", it's an SRA . And BTW, there were no IRS 650s in 2005. They started in 2006 so all 2005 650s were SRAs.
You don't have to get a attitude, I was just saying that when you said look for that specific machine , that's what I wanted to know what is that specific machine labeled as so i can look it up , other stuff that i have bought said sra brute 650, but for these seals from revscycle, eastlakeaxle for cv axles , empire for exhaust it dont label it as sra that's why I was trying to find out if I needed to order parts for a prairie instead of a brute because of how much they are alike being the straight axle, or if when you see the fitment of the machine being 05-12 650/750 brute force and i models

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
he didnt get an attitude bud, and you kinda started it with the "apparently you didn't read" lol....

But he's right, there were no IRS 650's for the first year, so anything for an 05 650 should be for the SRA. Aside from anything in the rear end, there shouldn't be a difference. The front ends were the same.

·
7,436 Posts
he didnt get an attitude bud, and you kinda started it with the "apparently you didn't read" lol....

But he's right, there were no IRS 650's for the first year, so anything for an 05 650 should be for the SRA. Aside from anything in the rear end, there shouldn't be a difference. The front ends were the same.
Right...and I think I'll go out on a limb and say that as I understand it, at least for the 2005 BF 650, I believe that it is a replasticed 700 Prairie with a 650 engine so all the frame and other parts for the 2003+ 700 Prairies may well fit. Of course anyone could take a few minutes and look up parts numbers to confirm.

·
Registered
8 Posts

But he's right, there were no IRS 650's for the first year, so anything for an 05 650 should be for the SRA. Aside from anything in the rear end, there shouldn't be a difference. The front ends were

But he didnt read my posts , he said look parts for your specific machine...that was my posts like help me understand what my specific machine would be , some places label it sra brute , some people have said look for prairie stuff, I was just trying to figure out because when your messing with some ebay parts , and then other parts sites ...they dont label it as the same thing which was my whole goal to find out ....because I thought the fuel injected was the i model...and that the sra is basically a prairie with different plastics...so i didnt know if I should be looking for brute parts or prairie parts.....but I got it figured out now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right...and I think I'll go out on a limb and say that as I understand it, at least for the 2005 BF 650, I believe that it is a replasticed 700 Prairie with a 650 engine so all the frame and other parts for the 2003+ 700 Prairies may well fit. Of course anyone could take a few minutes and look up parts numbers to confirm.
When I said you apparently did read it I was talking about the fact you told me to look for my specific atv , which is what I was asking what is my specific atv
Would be it be considered a prairie or a brute force
People are out here saying look for parts for a prairie its the same , some are saying all of them are the same , and then you've got people saying you cant find nothing for them ......
It's the 2005 650 sra brute ..and some places label it that and others dont ..that was my question

I've got it figured it out now thought i stood for fuel injected ....but I got it

21 - 30 of 30 Posts