Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,400 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing is wrong with my tensioner bars or oil pump that i know of, my bike was apart for piston rings but i discovered that my rod bearing were on the way out.
also i have no clue what a pressure relief valve is on this bike so could you explain what it does for the bike or how i know whether or not i need to replace it.

·
7,400 Posts
nothing is wrong with my tensioner bars or oil pump that i know of, my bike was apart for piston rings but i discovered that my rod bearing were on the way out.
also i have no clue what a pressure relief valve is on this bike so could you explain what it does for the bike or how i know whether or not i need to replace it.
It's right off the oil pump on the pressure side. It maintains system pressure by dumping extra from the pump. In time the spring gets week and it can't maintain the correct pressure..66lbs as I remember. PN16130-1058 for yours. Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that valve doesn't look hard to replace so mine as well get one, thanks for the info man

·
Registered
336 Posts
Before you pull the trigger get in touch with NFlow engines. They have always done me right and know the shortcomings of the kawi engines. May even be cheaper my rebuild was quoted at around 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nFlow

·
Vendor
256 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts