Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
did you go grizz to brute ,or brute to grizz

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
From brute to grizz? Not in a million years.

·
Registered
336 Posts
^x2 I love my brute and would never get rid of it even though it does cost me a lot of money!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love mine, don't get me wrong. But I really am tired of all the things that go with it. I've heard nothing but good things about the grizzly 660. Or maybe a rhino 660. If I go get one it will still have 29.5s on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What exactly are you looking for? My Dad has a King Quad 750 that I absolutely love. It rides like a Cadillac. I have a 650 sra for comparison.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to worried about ride. Just want something that breaks less, it's just SO hard to give up that v-twin power. Oh and I DO NOT want efi

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i love ma king quad. best bike i had. put alota money into it.

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
You put 29's on anything and ride it relatively hard its gonna tear up. Doesnt matter which brand. Brutes are easy to work on and cheap to mod. Don't know if that can be said about the grizz. I've never worked on one.

·
Registered
486 Posts
^agreed^

Like my mechanic said. These bikes ain't made to run 30" tires and be submerged week after week. Be glad you've got a brute. The parts are cheaper and easier to get.

Wishing I was home instead of on the road using TapTalk

·
Registered
603 Posts
Grizzly's are a NIGHTMARE to snorkle and very easy to work on. As with anything it will only take so much abuse then break.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I've own both, currently have a brute force 750, there is no comparsion in power, brute hands down, but from my experience the grizzly is more reliable. It is a pain in the rear to snorkel. If it breaks its actually cheaper and easier to fix especially if you blow the motor since its only a single cylinder. I know from experience. It cost me $1900 to rebuild my brute motor stock and only $1000 to rebuild and upgrade my grizzly to a 686 bbk. But your still going to have your normal wear and tare just cause of the riding style and bigger tires. I ran a 5.5 inch gorilla lift with 31's and could ride it like stock without burning up boots or anything like that which was a plus. Other than pure power its a great all around atv

·
Registered
673 Posts
My friends got a 660, for one it isn't too powerful. and two it ALWAYS has something wrong. We all make fun of him. He has 3 times the repairs i do

·
Registered
939 Posts
One thing to remember, for every 10 guys that hate it 10 more guys will love it

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
One thing to remember, for every 10 guys that hate it 10 more guys will love it
Have to agree. I've ridden both and like everybody has said, theres no comparison in power, but IMO a single cylinder motor is cheaper to work on and generally more reliable. The grizz is not a bad choice, just requires routine maintainance like everything else. I think the brute is easier to mod and that there are more mods for the brute though. I do know that the wet clutch can be quite pricey on the grizz if you ever mess it up, but otherwise the parts aren't too bad. The brute is also a very reliable machine if you keep up with the maintainance, mine rarely gives me trouble....even with as hard as I ride it, I just took the time to build it the RIGHT way instead of trying to save money and do it the cheapest route. You gotta pay to play, regardless of what you ride.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MUDDINMIKE

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
My buddy has a 660, and it has bad overheating problems.. I heard it's common with them.. It also doesn't have anywhere near the torque that my 650i has... PITA to snorkel.. But all in all, it hasn't been TOO bad for how he rides it...

·
Registered
939 Posts
U most definitely want to rack the radiator but I had white spring 2mm shim and 450 Kodiak rollers and it would pull my 31s up with ease,

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well. After thinking about it I really should keep the brute. All the work and money in it I will never get back, and I know the motor is sound. If I buy a bike I will just be starting over with who knows what.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good Choice. Brute Force FTW :rockn:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts