Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, my dad is wanting clutches on his brute, we do some trail riding, some mud riding and some drags, we ride HARD all the time, he is running 28in mudlite xtr's, wat would be the best clutch set up, i was thinking bout a lime green secondary, The brute is a 750 with snorks, and an lrd, its fuel injected, any info would work, thanks.

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
Is money no problem? If not Send it to VFJ for his tuning. If you dont want to spend a whole lot, I say, maroon primary spring, and maybe a lime green secondar or something a little lighter than that to keep more top end, then do the washer mod on the primary cover ;)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Like Polaris425 mentioned send the Primary to VFJ for the Stage 3 Spider mod. It will cost about $280. If you have John do your clutch tell him what you got and ask what he suggest you use.

If you don't want to spend that much you could try some different spring combos. The EPI Maroon primary spring works great with next to no stall. If you can deal with some stall i would try the EPI Almond or Dalton Orange Blue. These two are very similar.

For the Secondary would not go any stronger then a EPI Almond. The EPI Black and Dalton Plain Purple also would work great for your set up.

Heres a spring chart to help you see how these and other springs you see listed compare to the stock springs.
http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/view.php?pg=kawasakiclutchspringchart

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much speed will he lose with the vfj stage 3 spider, he is looking for a lil more bottom end but he doesnt want to lose speed, or even gain some

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
You do not lose anything with a vfj clutch you will basically gain everywhere in your rpm range they are great mods and he does a great job from what i hear

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
^ Yes..

you will loose top end by changing to any aftermarket secondary spring. an almond will give you some low end back w/ the larger tires, and should only rob you of about 5-8ish mph up top. I think. However, doing this little washer behind the primary clutch plate job, is said to give you that back ;)

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
^^^ washer mod good for 9mph with stock springs in primary and secondary^^^

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
I just bought some... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Cool I got some pics but its very simple PM me if ya need them

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry guys. I'm a newby here.... How do I do this clutch washer mod?

·
Registered
18 Posts
fellas, will the clutch washer mod give me some top end speed back even though I am running a maroon primary/almond secondary?...if so I am headed to the store!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Sorry i have no experience with the washer mod so i cant tell you if it works or not but i can tell you there is a write up in the "How To" section about it.;)

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
If u ask me its not worth it. Waste of time. I did it and hated the way it made the quad NOT react to the throttle on bottom end & mid range when I stabbed it.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Those 28 XTR's are a tad heavy....if your trail riding and mudding some I would go with a maroon primary and Green secondary. I would have to look at the weight of them to make sure. An almond secondary would be ok...but I like the low end torgue better.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
If u ask me its not worth it. Waste of time. I did it and hated the way it made the quad NOT react to the throttle on bottom end & mid range when I stabbed it.

I agree with you on the washer mod....waste of time.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I think the VFJ mod gives you some more top end also. I run the maroon/almond combo with my 28" mudlites and it works good, I'm not sure what my top speed is but I've still hit 64mph and it still had more

1 - 17 of 17 Posts