Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have used a cvboot off a car and it fit, please list pertinent info in this thread (year,make and model of car the boot is for and if you have the part number/store name/price, please post that information as well.

cv boot for 1999-2003 Chevy Cavilier 2.2L fits the brute outer joint.
$21.99 from Partsource (canadian chain of auto parts stores)
(info from GWNBrute)

·
Registered
288 Posts
There's some thing that I forgot to mention the seal is the round type there is two types a three point type and round type the round is what you need.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might as well add this pic in here too. Uni-fit 3680. can be found at autozone for about $25

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got an up date on the boot that I picked up don't use the supplied clamp if possible I had snow build up around the boot and the clamp came off it seems the clamp cant clamp tight enough to stay put after some restriction is around it

·
Registered
261 Posts
i used one off some sort of newer honda for a inner rear, perfect fit

·
Registered
288 Posts
Year, Type?

·
Registered
261 Posts
i will have to check

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We need exact year model to be included. This thread is to document a factual list of boots thty fit. There's always a lot of hearsay about which one fits but when people try they never do fit. This thread is an attempt to solve that problem.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I just figured out over the winter I ripped 3 CV boots on the rear axles and only drove it about twice. Since Ive got the bike Ive replaces at least 10 boots and I just got it last summer. I need a boot that won't rip itself from the angle of the rear axles because im getting sick and tired of replacing these things. All 3 ripped in the same spot right outside the little guidelines I guess you'd call em for the clamps, It was because of the angle. I saw a post somewhere on here using industrial zip ties but being in Canada once again I think id have problems getting them. Anyone know of a longer boot so it can deal with the angle? Will these Boots work with the clamps they come with?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
wow im holding a boot for a cavalier 2000 and its twice the size ????????????????????? gwnbrute did this fit stock axle? I cant see it happinin

·
Registered
188 Posts
1990 suzuki swift cv boots will fit all outers and rear inners , front inners i havent looked into yet ....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did anybody find Inner ones yet or will that 3860 universal work on them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yep the 1990 suzuki swift boot is a perfect fit for my 2007 brute force 650 i (rear outer),thanx for the info and saved myself like 60 bucks...cheerz!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The 1989 Suzuki swift boots are perfect on a 2009 brute 650i rear outer. They require some trimming on the big end to fit the axel cup properly. I've got 1000kms so far on my left rear with no issues.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Has anyone figured out what fits the 05-07 rear inner?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I found a polaris boot that works well for my dads 07, but don't know what bike it went to specifically...just carried a spare inner cv with me last time I bought him a boot

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
just found a site (cvbootsforatvs) the boots kits for the brutes were 9.95 each, an they had them for all makes an models atv. has anyone had experance with this company, the pictures looked to be top quality, an showed grease an bands included,
an they show to order by the location of the boot ,such as front left inner,an so on, does not sound to be a generic fit all boot

·
Registered
330 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts