Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not getting any spark on my brute on either plug. I replaced front and rear buss connectors with wire nuts but did not help. My front buss connector had all red wires instead of black that most posts talk about so not sure why. But what are my other areas to check? Every once in a while when I try it, it will run for a few seconds and shut off and not start again. This is very rare though. Could it be a cdi ground issue?

My brute is either an 06 or 07, not sure but it is carbureted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant to mention my no spark seems to be because my coils don't seem to be getting voltage. Is there a way to test coils? And I read about a rollover switch in another thread. I haven't rolled mine or even came close but could it still be it? And where is the switch located?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's under the seat...

Under the seat, all the way at the rear, the center relay. Unplug it and look at connections. Shake it, plug it in and try it again.

There should be a label on the frame on the left side near where the hitch ball would go. That is where the date of manufacture should be.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wouldn't the roll over solenoid do this also? Might want to check there too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rollover switch was apparently the biggest issue. After resetting it the brute fires up and runs. It still stumbles a little at idle so it may have another spark issue on a single cylinder. I am going to drive it a little to see if it clears up. My other issue now is that after fixing the buss connectors my starter switch isn't working and I'm having to jump the solenoid. Which buss connector would cause this, front or rear? I will recheck all the wires for connection.

Mine is an 06. Is it normal for the front buss connector to have red and brown wires? Most write ups say they are black on the front connector.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the connections that I wire nutted and all seem to be touching and tight. I am getting 12v to the battery side of the solenoid. I'm getting no voltage from the 2 wire connector that sends power from the switch. So where do I go? Checked all the connections under the seat to be tight and checked the fuses.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have you downloaded the service manual from here yet? If not, I strongly suggest you spend the 9 bucks (or whatever it is now) to subscribe to MIMB and then you get any download ( your atv Being one of them) you want. Best money I ever spent. Once you get the manual, look up the electrical scamatics and trace the wire from the switch. Your pulling your brake lever in right? The brake switch has to be made in order for the starter switch to work. Without the scamatics, it's a crapload harder to trace the wires. Let us know what you find.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Also, if you still don't think your getting a good enough spark, you can do the spark plug mod which elaminates the 5k resistor built into the plug wires so you get full juice to the plugs. It's supposed to be there for radio interference but who the heck runs a radio on a wheeler. Just a thought.
By the way, once you stray to go down the rabbit hole of modding these brutes, there's no turning back and it never ends. Ask me how I know. I'm ripping out the front suspension to replace all the bushings in the control arms. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brake lever to start? I have never had to squeeze the brake lever to start the brute... I will test it though.

I actually changed the wires with some spare automotive wires I had laying around. I think they were 7mm because the 8mm I had wouldn't fit in the coil. I just screwed them into the coil and seem to work lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For whatever reason, I have to pull my brake lever in order for the start switch to work. I just figured they were all like that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Correction on the brake lever. You only need to pull it if your in gear. I tend to leave mine in gear. Have you figured out why she won't start?

·
Registered
418 Posts
make sure fly wheel didn't slip it happens the fly wheel may not have been seated correct before and came loose and jumped forward,you will need new key way if it has

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any luck so far with this? Mine seems to be having about the same problem but all of my wiring is pretty rough. Ordered a new wiring harness from the guy above me and will hopefully have it on this weekend. Maybe that alone will fix my problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 750 brute force special edition trying to figure out why I’m not getting any fire to my spark plugs any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!!

·
7,348 Posts
I have a 2013 750 brute force special edition trying to figure out why I’m not getting any fire to my spark plugs any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!!
Check your kill switch, then the vehicle down switch, then the CPS or pulse coil, then finally check the coil voltages. If all check out per the manual, look to the ECU.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts