Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of getting my front differential out of the frame and have got everything unbolted and ready to pull it out but no mattet how I twist or turn it I cant get it out of the frame is their a trick to it if so can someone let me know. Also any tips or tricks on rebuilding the differential would be helpful to. Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It will only come out of one side. I cant remember which side it is. I have done it like three times too. Man my mind is slippin on me. I want to say you have to pull it up and then out of the right side. there are two bars that run front to back about the height of the diff...it comes out above them i believe

·
Registered
372 Posts
It will have to come up enough so you can get it out....No need to take it completely out though

·
Registered
182 Posts
gotta pull the steering arm up as high as you can and have someone hold it there and push the handle bars forward and to the left. (that way the steering arm is pushed to the back right corner of the frame.) then pull the diff up doin a bunch of twisting and rotating to get it out of the box its in. then turn it over and pull it out the right side of the frame. ( right side being if your sitting on the wheeler). then rebuilding is pie just pay attention to what you take a apart, better to have the new parts laying right there instead of having to wait and forget. also better hope you dont have to replace the pinion bearing cause youll have to find someone with a pinion nut socket. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.