Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would cause the fan to only come on for like 3 seconds,it ran hot and shutdown for about 20 minutes then when the motor cooled off it ran fine but the fan is not comming but a second or to and its gonna run hot again and i dont wont to blow the motor up.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
might be the fan relay buggin out.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once i get the prairie fixed i am gonna start ont his problem

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Whats wrong with the prairie ?And yes the relay is overloadin prob. from mud in the fan motor clean it out real good and should be fine

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the radiator looked pretty clean and fan to.the fan would only come on for like 2 to 3seconds.

the dang ball joint came loose on the prairie lucky werent going that fast ,but may need new strut and tie rod we will see.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well,i got new ball jointa put in prairie,not a bad job.it is back up and going.then got to checking the brute and the relay under seat was bad.i replaced the relay with a 15 amp blade fuse inline and the fan is running like it should so no more overheating hopefully,but as soon as money gets better i am gonna put in a triple flow from high lifter.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gave it heck after i replaced the relay and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
what would cause the fan to only come on for like 3 seconds,it ran hot and shutdown for about 20 minutes then when the motor cooled off it ran fine but the fan is not comming but a second or to and its gonna run hot again and i dont wont to blow the motor up.

Replace that peice of [email protected]#% relay with a 15 amp blade fuse, and your problems will be over and done with. I have been through 2 relays with the same end result, they arn't worth a [email protected]#$. Save yourself some time and money, use the fuse before you blow a head gasket or worse, crack a block from running it to hot.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what i did.luckily first time it ran hot it went to limp mode before it hurt it.but no more of that the fan is working great now.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
Where exactly is the relay. I have the same problem. I will check the fan when i get home as i will relocate my rad but need to get my fan to work right.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
The fan relay is under the seat kind of in the left front corner (sitting on the bike). It is a little grey box with a small green reset button on it. It should be wraped in a black rubber cover.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that's the fan breaker

the fan relay is all the way to the rear. 2 in the center its the one on the left.
the one on the right is fuel pump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts