Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been ruffling a little feathers in the Polaris thread on HL. I am not brand loyal, but like to give credit where credit is due. These are nice bikes, but their claims of just smoking a brute through out a whole race is what I believe to be BS. Even watching the biased Polaris shootout it says the xp goes 2 quad lengths further in 10 seconds and ties the can am for a distance run. Now they measure how far the bikes go in 10 seconds and judge off of that. The Brute is more of a sprinter than a distance runner so I think that is why they don't do a heads up race. It would be hard for them to sell a machine to a customer that adverstises 70hp and gets smoked off the line by a 50hp machine costing $1000's less. They overlook the basics to drag racing by just considering hp. Weight, gearing and horsepower are the factors. Just how far do you think you could travel in 10 seconds?Just trying to figure out how far they are racing and judging.:thinking:

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
there's no way in **** one could keep up w/ me in the first 10 seconds ;)

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heck I was even considering stock for stock up to 500ft where an ATV magazine compared the TC, Outlander and the Brute. The Brute and TC were neck and neck beating the Outlander at 500ft. It was only after that, that the Outlander and TC beat out the Brute. They do have 20 more hp, but 179 more lbs. as well and different higher gearing. So if the Brute beat out the outy by .5 seconds at 500ft and the outy and xp tied at 10 seconds distance than the in between really has me curious. The Polaris shootouts are made to benefit their bike. I would assume that is why it wasn't a heads up run.

·
Administrator
15,425 Posts
agreed... Honestly, I blieve the PoPo to be a better cruise the trails and ease thru all the mudholes kinda bike. They are built like hummers you just point them and they go. They are torquey and can put the power to the ground. But you dont pull a hummer up next to a mustang at the red light, and thats what your doing pullin one up next to the brute ;) IMO

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very interesting vid in the last link.. I thought the popo was as fast as the canned ham... Guess you can't believe everything you see in a SALES video. I have to admit, that canned ham looks powerful as heck and very responsive.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why that TCat wouldn't hook up in the mud and snow?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got to be. That thing is hard off the line on the asphalt. I would like to take one for a spin.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
ill have a vid of me racing one this weekend and maybe almost30s. granted mine isnt stock but he has got 50 cc more. just to make a little bit more of a race im probably going race him with stock CDI first and then see how much difference the dyna is going to make.

Im just hoping im not underestimating to popo. im going to try and get him to run on stock tires to but im not sure if he still has them.

specs are 850xp stock with 26 big horns mine full big gun and FCP 801 on stock tires

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see you two finally got to set that up. We all know stock vs. stock that they will have the advantage in a distance run. It's the short distance that's got me curious. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
yeah i think we are going to race .1 mile since its easy to measure off and its not to short but not to long either. its actually a good buddy of mine that just bought one i didnt even know he had it until i saw a pic on myspace.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
528 foot race!
post the vids.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
ill definitly have to get vids of the 850xp and also of me and almost30s racing. im getting excited its been 2 weeks in the makin and the weather just hasnt been cooperating

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I can go from still to looking at the sky in about 2 seconds :rockn: Does that count?

·
OFF TO THE DEEP END
216 Posts
So this race take place I'd like to hear the results

1 - 20 of 39 Posts