Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2008 kawasaki brute force 750 its all stock i ordered 28x10x12 and 28x12x12 maxxis zillas for it and im wondering if they will fit i know they will fit but i mean like on stock rims will they be sticking out enough on stock rims?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i bet that 12 wide is going to be close to the tank but i bet it will fit.
the 27 law is super close on stock rim because of the wrap-around "ears" on the lugs.
them zillas dont have such ears so i bet you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If your to close add some washers to space em out a bit, have to do that with my 30" mudlites on stockers or it would have been rubbing the tank..also when your suspension moves down the wheels move out, but make sure when the rear is squat down that your other rear doesn't hit the exhaust

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
If your to close add some washers to space em out a bit, have to do that with my 30" mudlites on stockers or it would have been rubbing the tank..also when your suspension moves down the wheels move out, but make sure when the rear is squat down that your other rear doesn't hit the exhaust
this may not work quite right with the tabs on the 08 hubs

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Jason, are you running spacers with your 28" backs on stock rims?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had 28"12 12 laws on stock 650 rims with no issues

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
You should be fine with them on stockers. You will also want to do at least an almond secondary.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey Jason, are you running spacers with your 28" backs on stock rims?
Running 1.5" spacer on back only because after I lifted it the rims rub the sway bar... Ran them without spacers without lift... Never got close to the exhaust or gas tank...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The zillas have a round profile and not very aggressive on the side lugs so they shouldn't rub anything... My buddy ran 27" skinny/wide swamplites on stock rims and it was about 1" from rubbing gas tank with suspension fully extended

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Ebay1.5" wheel spacers are preaty cheap.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
after lift with stockers I had rubbing problems.. had to cut side lugs off mudlites because they were rubbing the exhaust..that was with about 3/8" worth of washers.. on both rears, If they weren't on the gas tank side it would have rubbed it for sure but no pics of that side.. But without lift then you should be alright...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I completely forgot about this post i made Lol. Well thanks the zillas did rub the gas tank guard and a little up front but im getting a lift and either ss212's or sti xb40 in black

·
Registered
72 Posts
I completely forgot about this post i made Lol. Well thanks the zillas did rub the gas tank guard and a little up front but im getting a lift and either ss212's or sti xb40 in black
Do they rub bad? I'll most likely stick with the 27's then...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
you mentioned "ALL STOCK" remember your clutching....IMO. needed for 28's and up. you still got to turn that weight.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah with aftermarkets it wont rub. Wont even come close. I had some on MSA Troopers a while back. Never came close to rubbing. Like everybody else said, you should get clutch springs. You don't *have* to right at first, but you should ASAP. I ran my 29.5's on stock for a while, never slipped the belt. I actually did more belt damage with stockers lol. Mine is totally different now with the almond/red

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do they rub bad? I'll most likely stick with the 27's then...
Not super bad they only rubbed the gas tank guard becuase mud pushed it out and they only rubbed up front when turning down a hill or when im going like 50 and hit a nice bump

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah with aftermarkets it wont rub. Wont even come close. I had some on MSA Troopers a while back. Never came close to rubbing. Like everybody else said, you should get clutch springs. You don't *have* to right at first, but you should ASAP. I ran my 29.5's on stock for a while, never slipped the belt. I actually did more belt damage with stockers lol. Mine is totally different now with the almond/red
I put 600 miles on these tires and didnt have any belt problems so far. What would be the best combo?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts