Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just emailed jetoffroad in regards to a true plug and play HID headlight kit for the Brute's. They say that a kit is actually in development right now and it should be available for shipping out Feb '09. Just thought I would let yall know, seems to be a hot topic on other forums.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
sounds good. Will be nice to have one thats striaght plug & play. Will be interesting to see the price tag on it too though $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for posting the info!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i dont do enough riding to justify the mod :(
i dont do enough riding period. darn responsibilities!

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Would be interested in a Plug&Play HID kit! Don't really wanna do any "fabricating" to my Brute just yet. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how they do it.

If someone gets one post up a pic of what comes with the kit before you install it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Once you ride with these lights you wont be see where your going on a stock set:bigeyes:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yep ranchermoe there defiantly the way to go.I love mine.

When someone makes a plug n play kit you will see many more brutes running these.

What would be really cool was if there was a way to make them dimmer when you wanted to.The way they are they too bright at times. Thats why i went with the white LED outside/marker lights.That way if needed i could turn the HID's off but still have a little light to see in the dark.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We went to riverrun for newyears and I seen at least 4 other brutes with hids. When I drive on my wifes rancher with oem lights Its like riding without lights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried the led outer lights, they had 4 bulbs. amber colored. They are not as bright as the regular old bulbs.

I would like to try a set of those super bright leds off of ebay. The white ones.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I have a pic of mine in another thread...i'll see if i can find it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I am trying to find a complete replacement for the little outside lights to get something that's brighter than the wedge bulbs but not as brite as the hid's. I think I found one the will fit in the hole but need to see if it will be to long or not.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
try it out and let us know

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
welp what ya got?

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
nothin as of yet tried the one i thought would work but didnt so i took the build off and ended up breaking the bulb. I am going to go get another bulb and try it again but not be so forceful with this one. I had it in there and working at one time but it was to deep and was throwing the light everywhere and wasnt very concentrated and when i tried to fix this thats when i broke the bulb.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
HID's

I see a bunch of ya'll have them, but anyone have any info on what, where to buy and how to install?

I have a vision issues and cannot see well at night (or it could be the beers....) and they'd be great, just using foglamps now.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
nothin as of yet tried the one i thought would work but didnt so i took the build off and ended up breaking the bulb. I am going to go get another bulb and try it again but not be so forceful with this one. I had it in there and working at one time but it was to deep and was throwing the light everywhere and wasnt very concentrated and when i tried to fix this thats when i broke the bulb.
yep, i can see why you would know need a short bulb. gotta sit far back in the reflector so the reflector can focus it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts