Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the pics from the service manual it appears that this is doable without splitting the cases??? :thinking:
No splitting the case had mine out in half hour its easy. i found from my local dealer that they would get them for 80$ but they cant get teyrex parts because they dont deal them so told the other dealer i work with the price but alittle higher so thats the price they gave me. i will take measurements tomarrow on that tool i made and post it and thanx .:bigok:

No splitting the case had mine out in half hour its easy. i found from my local dealer that they would get them for 80$ but they cant get teyrex parts because they dont deal them so told the other dealer i work with the price but alittle higher so thats the price they gave me. i will take measurements tomarrow on that tool i made and post it and thanx .:bigok:
Really only a half hour?!?! Geez I would have thought it would have been quite a bit more labor intensive than that. Did you have to pull the motor to do it or was it possible w/ the motor still on the bike? How long did the whole job take all in all?

Really only a half hour?!?! Geez I would have thought it would have been quite a bit more labor intensive than that. Did you have to pull the motor to do it or was it possible w/ the motor still on the bike? How long did the whole job take all in all?
I didnt get the gears yet but thats the price he gave me. going to order soon but pulled the gears out to make tools. All u do is take off rear driveshaft and front take out the four bolts that hold it in and knock it out then pull left floor off un bolt there and its out easy but putting the gears back in and getting the backlash and tooth contact is going to be a different story not so hard but in and out to shim if you know what i mean.

If getting somewhere first is no longer a priority, this will work well.

well according to some people on here all it will do is slow you down and there wont be any benefits to it

After reading all the post on it dont think im doing it.:thinking:

well according to some people on here all it will do is slow you down and there wont be any benefits to it
maxpower dont listen to everyone !!!! it works or people would be changing there;s back to stock.. ;)

maxpower dont listen to everyone !!!! it works or people would be changing there;s back to stock.. ;)
How much top speed does it kill? I have it all apart but wasnt sure after hearing from someone that its like rideing in low. But sick of going threw belts and could use more low end like when i get my 29.5"nators next week.

well you will not have a high gear any more .. high is low and low is granny gear .. dunno about how much speed you will lose cause i dont go over 15 mph anyways .. put them in and try it dont like take gears out and sale them put stockers back in

True i might do that theres allways someone that will buy them. thanx walker :thinking:

no problem .. if your chunking alot of belts what your clutch set up .. might want to try a new clutch setup for them 29.5's

maroon prim. and green secodary with 28" zillas was thinking of almond prim. and red sec. but the prim. does have a grove worn in it.Thinking of getting it machined by VFJ hes here in pa.

hey mike i have the vfj stage 3 and i can do over 55mph in low so you could do it that way and still have decent speed and walker i like mine more for speed so i would never do this but i believe it would work i was just saying that to be a donkey to some people and i hope they are smart enough to figure out who i was talking about:thinking:

Thats what i was kind of thinking vfj.;)

Bevel Gear the nut measurements aprox O.D of the nut is 44.78mm/1.763"
Slots are 5.12mm/.202" wide
across the flats is 40.74mm/1.604"

hope this helps a lil for those who want to build a tool vs the $ 270 kawie socket. I can write up how I made mine but I cheated I have a lathe and a mill with carbide tooling most don't. I don't know if it using machine tools would disquallify my tool for MIMB status. but my tool only cost me $18.00 and lil time

Attachments

i cheated to my dad is a tool and die maker .. he has access to all kinds of neat toys

Bevel Gear the nut measurements aprox O.D of the nut is 44.78mm/1.763"
Slots are 5.12mm/.202" wide
across the flats is 40.74mm/1.604"

hope this helps a lil for those who want to build a tool vs the $ 270 kawie socket. I can write up how I made mine but I cheated I have a lathe and a mill with carbide tooling most don't. I don't know if it using machine tools would disquallify my tool for MIMB status. but my tool only cost me $18.00 and lil time
Have u got it in yet and if so wat diff does it make

im planning on doin this in april when i get in from work bt i dnt want to have to buy the expensive tool and was wandering if anybody had one i could rent or borrow for a few days. thanks.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.