Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2009 bruteforce 750 4x4i..i think its the kvf750d...im doing the top end on it and was wondering what rings and piston should i get? i found 2 links..a cheap set and a better set..dont really think the cheap ones would be good (they probably wont last long)..and the other set is around $200..thats the max i have to spend right now..ill put the links down below but wanted to see if anyone knows if they are good or if there is better ones i should get..they are from Numura.. as for the jugs they look good..one needs to be honed but should be fine..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 2009 bruteforce 750 4x4i..i think its the kvf750d...im doing the top end on it and was wondering what rings and piston should i get? i found 2 links..a cheap set and a better set..dont really think the cheap ones would be good (they probably wont last long)..and the other set is around $200..thats the max i have to spend right now..ill put the links down below but wanted to see if anyone knows if they are good or if there is better ones i should get..they are from Numura.. as for the jugs they look good..one needs to be honed but should be fine..
link 1: cheap set:

link 2: Namura set:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you replacing the pistons? What did they measure?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
they have some ware on them..the rings are bad and are stuck in them..i can get them out if i tried but i think it would be better to just replace them so i dont run into problems later on and have to do it again (first time doing a top end on a atv)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
If the rings are "stuck" then someone probably tried to replace the rings with aftermarket versions which will not fit the OEM pistons.

Use a pair of calipers to measure your pistons, different wear spots mean different issues that might go beyond just the piston.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the rings are "stuck" then someone probably tried to replace the rings with aftermarket versions which will not fit the OEM pistons.

Use a pair of calipers to measure your pistons, different wear spots mean different issues that might go beyond just the piston.

thats probably what happen..not sure..the guy i got it from said the motor isnt that old and said there is no way its blown...well it is..the cylinder walls look fine..i can still see the crass hatching on them but one is a bit worn so im going to take it to a shop to have them measure it to make sure its within spec and have them hone it so it has better lines in it....to me it kinda looks like they didnt have the ring gap right or something..but really i dont know much about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts