Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for an accidental swim yesterday. I changed the oil, took out the plugs, removed the belt cover... basically all the usual stuff to start with. Still won't even fire . Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
oil down the carbs.... keep flushing that motor. you really should have flushed it more than once before trying to start it. but some oil down the carbs should loosen up the rings & get them to seat again. this is most likely the problem.

oh, and PS.... eventually, you're more than likely looking at a rebuild... :( maybe not, but... more so than less...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Is this bike running now? i saw post about the actuator in another thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not running yet. I'll try oil in the carbs. I bought enough cheap oil for 4 changes but I was under the impression that I had to run it for a minute or two between flushes to get all the water out. That's why I tried to start it. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I agree with Polaris425 about the oil in the cylinders. If your getting fire to the plug and gas but its still not hitting then its most likely stuck rings causing loss of compression.

You didn't by any chance happen to try and crank it with water in the cylinders did ya?

·
Registered
101 Posts
is it trying to turn over or is it not even trying?

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh yeah and if it were me i would go ahead and get a rebuild if i had the money. keep us informed on how it goes:bigok:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't try to turn it over until after the first oil change. I've got it turning over but still nothing. 3 oil changes later. Maybe it's off to the stealer/dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ok is this an 08?
If so, do you hear the fuel pump kick on for 2 to 3 seconds when you first key on?
if NOT, then unplug the rollover sensor, shake it, hear it rattle, then put it back on right side up! (it's marked)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Same thing happened to a guy with an efi bike last time we rode. Dont really know how we got it to crank but it eventually did. It cranked a few minutes after spraying carb cleaner in the throttle bodies I dont know if that was good to do or not but it did eventually crank and seemed to run fine afterwards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like your rings are stuck you need to put some oil in each cylinder then turn it over and hopefully the rings will unstick and fire back up.But you still mayb elooking at a rebuild after you get it going.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
I've seen that too.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts