Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked baja racing, long travel, and speed. Got an idea that is stuck in between my ears. Heres the mess, extended a arms, yardstick shocks, light durable tires for extreme abuse hint (baja), no racks, cut up fenders mainly for shock tower clearance and of course safety.Really not thinking alot of height, more spread out and wheel travel and able to handle big air.Im thinking in the range of 2 to 2.5 ft. maybe wider, a few inches of lift some long stilt like shocks and of course motor mods ect... The main theory behind it , my opinion, is looks and a smooth ride. Maybe they make something like this or im just thinking out of the box, but ive looked around an ain't quite found it yet. When you think about it, it could be a class of its own, hell if a truck, dune buggy, or motorcycle can fly across unknown terrain at 100 mph why cant a 4wheeler do it. Just looking for feedback surprised I dont see more of it if it is out there, like street legal 4wheelers but that would be another feedback post lol...
This is papaslim and ready for take off!
Brute unto others as others would brute unto you

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't think anyone makes what your describing. The closest thing you could find is a 10" lift and mount the shocks up higher so you lose all the height and keep the width. But I don't think It would be able to handle big air at all, there built and designed for slow mud riding not jumping for sure. Everything else you described you can buy (tires, power mods etc) but as far as the A arms go your probably going to have to make what you want. If it helps SRA wheels will widen the stance quite a bit, but not 2'.

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
I'm sure you can have anything you want built. Sport quad guys do put extended front a-arms on for racing and stuff like that and other Brute owners do put lowering kits on with wide off-set wheels for flat-tracking and other types of racing events...and just to have the stability. Do know though that large, heavy, short wheel based quads don't jump well...at least don't always land as hoped. Sport quads are lighter and designed so the rider has more control in mid-air then heavier quads. But go for it and post lots of photos and videos. We love anything motorsport-related.

·
Administrator
15,555 Posts
The make long travel kits for SxS's might start your search there and then see if anyone makes kits for quads... Im sure someone somewhere does... They do have ATV's in the baja do they not?

·
Registered
856 Posts
please wear a helmet and protective gear while your testing this out, good luck on the search, hope to see pics and vids of this thing flying through the air...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brutestorming

Thanx for the info guys, I knew something like this wasn't gonna be easy. Im guessing the a arms would have to be outta square or rectangular tubing (cromoly?) and modified greatly. Another idea would be to widen the distance between the front and rear pivot points per arm but theres another prob looks like the frame would have to be extended from the diff forward for the front same for the rear just other direction. It seems there would also be some other frame mods to be made for sure. After we get the arms figured out, which seems to be the biggest issue everything else should be simple. Haha yeah right if it was easy and money had no meaning we'd all be doing it. I think ill mach this disaster up with some pvc or dow rods. Keep the feedback and ideas coming.
If it ain't dangerous it's probably boring!
SAFETY FIRST! Thanks again...​

·
Registered
330 Posts
Personally I think you need to design a suspension system that includes 4 criteria. Wider stance, lift, long travel adjustable shocks and built so the frame mounts seperate. Meaning a braced and cross brace suspension that susports itself and carries the weak brute frame. As it is the frame is weak in many places.
We all see ways to improve the frame and suspension but are limited in assets to make modfications. Last month we discussed a system to protect the engine from being dunked by accidental drowning. I have an idea and have drawings but materials are a setback.....at this time.

Posting the hard way. But I'm here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brutestorming

Good nfo wcs, something like a motor plate for suspension. If im understanding you correctly that makes sense, im also a drag race fan and being able to adjust suspension is key. Thanx again now its time to wear out another pencil. Please keep any and all info coming in. Play safe​

·
Registered
330 Posts
kinda like the lift on browland's bike but the upper shock mounts need to be higher for better shocks needed in Baja racing.

·
Registered
856 Posts
what is all that???lots of letters thar...fix it....please

·
Administrator
15,555 Posts
yeah you need to try that again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
logged in last night and saw that mess. All it was, was the page link to rowland's bike on Catvo's 10" thread. Don't know what happened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts