Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to pick up a set this Friday... If I do some shaping of the fenders can I run these bad boys without spacers for a few rides or will it rub real bad?

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
if u have after market wheels yes you should be fine steve has regular IRS 212's and 31's no problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent! I'm trying to find his thread to see pics and that vid of his bike... Can you point me in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! And Steve how tippy is it without spacers? Can't be much worse than my 30s right?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Doesnt seem too tippy but it would look cooler with 1 in spacers. I should have waited to sell mine.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
if I were you I'd buy some SRA wheels instead of spacers..................... ;) COUGH COUGH :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm ordering some for sure. Probably just a 1" since it's not as hard on parts... My buddy has 1" spacers and it feels real stable and looks great with his 31s, but I'm going riding this weekend and maybe not again till mudnats. Wanna get a feel for these 31s before nats and I can't get the spacer here in time. I'm just glad they will fit. Without.

LOL Jon I already have wheels.. that's one of the big reasons I'm going 31s and not 29.5s.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
they will fit. im runnin 31x11s on all 4 corners wit the front IRS wheel on all 4 ( i dont like the offset but they were on the bike when i got it). i barely rub the fenders. i also barely rub my HMF header, but thats because of where the header is located. im not sure bout the muzzy. im puttin 1" spacers on mine this week. i think if i had the rear IRS wheels all the way around i wouldnt have that problem

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yer probably correct bump. I have no issues on the rear at all.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
im rubbin the header wit the front left at full turn. i dont have any problems wit the rear, although i am really close to the gas tank sheild lol

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
yeah I had a brain fart........... mine are 12" wheels :(... lol

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
They do cause premature wear on ball joints etc... But they do give you a wider foot print, and help in holes/ruts b/c you are wider than others and can grab the sides and it will usually pull you on thru, easier/faster than someone w/o them. I just prefer SRA wheels to IRS wheels + spacers b/c it's a lot less of a headache.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts