Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this forum. glad to be on it. i purchased a used 2007 brute force 650. it was 4 hours away so i really didnt check it out first hand. anyway when my friend brought it down he rode it for about 3 minutes then it turned off and we could never get it going again. i removed the air box cover to discover water in it. i removed the water but still no start. even with starting fluid. the gas smelled weird so i drain the tank and the carb. put fresh gas. still no start. i checked for spark with a circular gadget and it sparks when you first hit the button but then no more spark. does the same for both plugs. my next thing would be to remove and clean carb. just wanted anyone to chime in and see what they thought. thanks and sorry for long post but that is all ive done to it.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
There's a roll over sensor under the seat, at the rear. It is makes "up" and must be secured properly. If it's flopping around loose under there, it will cause trouble. The rollover sensor will kill spark for sure. On FI bikes, it kills fuel too. If that's not it, I'd start with the carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Definitely check out that rollover sensor. I've had them come unplugged before and have a similar symptom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts