Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to have a set of 4, 25" mud wolf's mounted on my stock 12x7 rims'
at automotive tire store, he can not get the tires to bead on the rim?, says max pressure is 35psi, he went to 40, but still did not bead? any tricks, please help

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
either lol

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
either lol ?, I don't understand

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
they should seat. Are the rims a little dirty? take a steel brush and clean the inside of the rim bead real good, tell them to put soapy water or even some lithium grease along the bead of the tire... it should seat then.

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rims are my stock alumium rims, he just tried one rear tire, I didn't see
the inside of rim, after stock tire was off, does anybody know if he can use more air pressure?, also would grease hurt the tire, I thought I read
oil or grease was bad for tires? thanks

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
are the tire mounters up there just that stupid?

Use as much pressure as it takes to get them to seat. They will seat. No grease will not hurt the tire. Your not putting it everywhere, just a little tiny bit around the bead of the tire will make it seat. I dont mean axle grease, just some thin lithium grease, vasaline, "lithium jelly" haha... soapy water will work too. Do you have your rims w/ you at home? if so go look at them, clean the inside of the bead if it needs to be cleaned. also, make sure they take the valve stem valve OUT, just like on a car tire, to seat it.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
we use dawn soap to seat tire beads. once it dries it becomes glue.
works great when installing grips. They slide right on but dont come off.

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the tire guy, only took one of my rear tires off, he did use a soapy mixture,he also took the valve stem out , these tires seam very stiff, for
6 ply. I will go back tomorrow, he what he thinks

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
tell him put them on or you'll take them somewhere else that can.. haha... The 1 only problem I've Ever had getting ATV tires to seat, was where the inside bead of the rim was a little dirty. Cleaned them w/ a wire brush, tires seated right up.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
You can spray anything flammable (starting fluid works good) inside the tire and then light it.....BOOM...The bead will set, air up the tire before it unseats.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
You can spray anything flammable (starting fluid works good) inside the tire and then light it.....BOOM...The bead will set, air up the tire before it unseats.

haha... thats the Texas way for sure :rockn:

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
They are hard as **** to mount but it can be done (I did mine). What you need (and any tire shop or site that changes tires should have) is a bead blaster. Seals them in seconds.

Do not use grease. It rots the rubber on the tire and may cause the tire to spin on the rim too once mounted. Use bead sealer (any tire shop or installer should know that).

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KMKjr, as for air presser, to seat the beads?, as much as it takes?, tires says 35max?

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Till they pop, but be carefull. If done properly, they should pop before well before 35lbs. Probably due to lack of lube (we've all heard that before). Using a proper rubber lubricant, around the entire tire, both sides, they should seat before 35 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Dawn dish washing liquid for sure I ran a tire shop for years and used dawn to mount every thing from ATV tires to Loader and skidder tires!!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
the way we seat beads in southern il. is just spray some either or starting fluid n throw a match.. works 100% of the time

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
the way we seat beads in southern il. is just spray some either or starting fluid n throw a match.. works 100% of the time
Works fine, if you don't like your eyebrows :)

I think his issue is they are seating but not popping onto the bead when inflated.

Using proper rubber lube and make sure you lube the rim too & he should be fine.

·
Trail Rider
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my Mud Wolf tires on rims, ended up taking to ATV dealer, at $15 each, thanks for the help, the tires work great, yesterday I put on 80 trail miles

·
Registered
76 Posts
cool, Give us an update as you click off some mileage.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Don't think I have ever seen Mud Wolfs. Post some pics...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts