Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys got some ? I am puking oil in the air box First question do you think since i am using the old 2 inch snorkel instead of the 3 inch type maybe i am sucking the oil up instead of puking it up the reason i ask is i can see my air box lid flexing so I am sealed up real tight on more thing witch mod would be the best for me a ride a lot of water so it has to be sealed system thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I would honestly swap to 3". I have and i noticed the bike had more power.
It's sealed just like the 2" was.

I used to have a oil problem when new. It just kinda went away.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well mine has got worst or maybe my ridin has got a little more intense last friday we rode the all day in the creeks and mud it blew almost a 1/4 of a quart in the air box and I know it was the air box duckbill was leaking it out I would like to get rid of the duck bill but cant till I get the oil puking taken care of I have looked at all the catch can mods and sorry to say now I am confused

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Riding the creek sounds like water wheelies!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep you cant get a brute in the water and not get on two wheels

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You gonna do a catch-can? bump530 has a few left I do believe!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep kinda looking for the best way to do it I would like to run the vent out of the catch can back to the air box

·
Team BS
757 Posts
just run ur CC vent into a catch can, then drain the catch can in the rear intake valve cover. the vent on the can can be ran back into the airbox.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does this seal good I dont want to be gettin water in my motor from a mod that I installed

·
Registered
83 Posts
My catch can had a couple pin holes around the seam. I used a soldering iron and melted together the seam. Then took some 2 part plastic epoxy and went around it.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
yes i would recommend sealing them up. the one i installed leakin a lil (but what didnt get in, just oil came out). but i have seen some that dont leak

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Do what bump530 is saying its ez and efficient. I personally like the idea of doing both valve covers but that's just me. and definitely put 3" or dual 2" on for snorkels it breaths as good or better then stock.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yep I run 3" all the way too. It seems to run no different with the air box lid on or off.

·
BLOWED UP
442 Posts
i am new to the site and just found the snokel how to so I did it and now I see Y'all are up to 3'' i only did the 2" WTF? I have '05 750 BF. Do you do all in 3" or just the air box?

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i still havent got to test it. i was goin to ride it saturday night. but wen i went to load the bike up the plugs were fouled (hopefully thats the problem), so i just loaded up my lil 300 instead.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
i am new to the site and just found the snokel how to so I did it and now I see Y'all are up to 3'' i only did the 2" WTF? I have '05 750 BF. Do you do all in 3" or just the air box?
I don't think there is many of us running 3" all the way up yet. 2 or 3 of us I think. and there is nothing wrong with running 2". It just robs a little hp not much.

·
BLOWED UP
442 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I bought the 3" rubber 90 like the parts list said I was just wondering if I was already behind the times. I can not wait to get these things glued in and give them a test.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was still starvin for air with the 3 to 2 inch set up 155- 160 jets. I didnt wanna drop down so i tried the 3'' all the way and she woke up, she was nasty off the jump. Has a lil hesitation puttin around but I can live with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts