Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this one is pretty simple but, there are people out there who havnt ever delt w/ the brute's clutch (like me when I bought it) so here's the first how to video of many... It's a little dragging, but hey, its my first one, they will get better as we go, Trust me... ;) I have plans I think everyone will like ;)

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good first effort.... I can see it now ....... MIMB on SPIKE!!!!!! lol :rockn:

Only if we can use Courtney Hanson. :eek: :rockn:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Very Well done Jon....;)

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I like it. We will have to do more of this. It so hard to take pic after pic step by step and then type it up piecing it all together. of corse now we will have to edit videos but the impact it'll have oh-my this will be #1 in howtos.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
Nice man.. Good job on the how-to's!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Awesome job John. Video How To's are the way to go!! I think the video will help ease the fear that some folks have about tearing into there bike for the first time.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome job John. Video How To's are the way to go!! I think the video will help ease the fear that some folks have about tearing into there bike for the first time.
Yeah thats why I tried to start with something simple.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
well done

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks p425, changed out primary last weekend. Your video was a big help,
wasnt sure on torque specs. much appreciated

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
glad to help

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Thanks p425, changed out primary last weekend. Your video was a big help,
wasnt sure on torque specs. much appreciated
According the the manual the drive pulley cover bolts torque at 115 in.lb.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
this site is the best!! GREAT job on the videos. it does take away some of the "fear" of doing in your self. keep up the great work

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
This video says the primary clutch does not need to be removed to change the spring. So this means it is not necessary to buy the special bolt to take remove it, correct? I'm planning on changing mine in the future but don't want to have to buy the tools to do it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
In order to change the PRIMARY spring, you do NOT need to remove the primary clutch, so you don't need the puller.... BUT, if you plan to change secondary spring, you must pull both clutches.

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ Correct, and you MUST have a torque wrench to make sure your torque the bolts back to spec. regardless.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok, thanks. Why do i need to pull the primary to change the secondary? Sorry, never done this before, but appreciate the help. I have a 06 650, so I need to torque them to 69ft pounds right.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts