Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do a pretty good job of getting all the mud sprayed off every time we come out of the woods, and the top side always washes up pretty easily. But I've been seeing a lot of pictures on here of bikes that look showroom clean, even after a day in the mud. What are y'all using? I can get my plastics clean, but it's under the plastics that stays a mess. Any hits and tips?

·
7,433 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
When i do mine i spend about an hour or so spraying the whole bike down to get any loose mud and dirt off then i wash it with turtle wax car wash and once its dried i spray everything down with tire foam. Let it dry off (out of the sun) then take a clean towel and wipe off all the extra residue from the tire foam. I will also sometime spray my diffs and the sides of my motor down with some aluminum wheel cleaner and with a hand brush scrub it down. They shine up pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spray as much of the crud off as I can. Then using some dollar store cleaner in a spray bottle I spray all over the place and let it sit for a bit then wash again. I haVE A COLD WATER PRESSURE WASHER AT HOME. When we come back from a really muddy rally or a camping trip I stop at a car wash and use the hot soapy water to wash the bikes on the trailer. Usually spend about $10, but saves me a lot of time. TIP: Wear a rain suit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think any brand of soap, whether from a dollar store or branded would do the trick. wash then wipe. the pressure washer is a great help especially when you're trying to remove dirt and mud off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the car wash after the ride and then when i get home i wash the whole bike with tire cleaner. Then i spray tire foam and wipe down the residue. The only problem i've ran into with the car wash and pressure washer is it sometimes gets in my belt box, but I've put a new seal on it and plan on putting silicon around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts