Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use to clean and keep bugs and stuff from sticking too badly to your ride? It is starting to drive me nuts have to spend half an hour to an hour scrubbing bugs off my new truck every week. Now I have not tried this but have heard of people trying pam or other non stick cooking sprays on their cars and trucks to help the stuff slide off but I am not sure about that one. Anyone have anything they use they would recommend that won't damage the finish on my truck? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
856 Posts
i use purple power to get them off...then go back over the paint(where it oversprayed) with wax (i would not put it on the paint)....on your windows you can use rain-ex. it helps...on your bumpers you could try some cooking oil..heard they do that on the big trucks with chrome bumpers..i dont know how far you drive but for a while, i was stopping at the car wash spend that dollar and pressure wash them off before it set too long at work...then when i got home i would wash them off with the water hose before they dried ...

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Doug, when you get done with all that cleaning...come wash mine homie!

·
Registered
856 Posts
no way man..got 3 to do now ..im good... dont need no more..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Got a guy around here who cleans his rides with Wesley's Wheel Brite. I tried it and it does a darn good job of cleaning the mud off of almost everything. The trick is to spray it on all the plastics and let it set for about 30 seconds and rinse. I did use it but I am worried about wheel cleaner on plastics. AS for the engine and differentials you shouldn't let it sit long on aluminum either as it will make aluminum turn white but it looks better than mud brown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best thing is a dryer sheet. Get it a little wet, scrub the bugs off, then go back over with your soapy sponge. Works on anything!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
armor all wheel cleaner to remove all. then plexus to treat the plastics.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
Got a guy around here who cleans his rides with Wesley's Wheel Brite. I tried it and it does a darn good job of cleaning the mud off of almost everything. The trick is to spray it on all the plastics and let it set for about 30 seconds and rinse. I did use it but I am worried about wheel cleaner on plastics. AS for the engine and differentials you shouldn't let it sit long on aluminum either as it will make aluminum turn white but it looks better than mud brown.
Since this is in the trucks section, Im guessing he means cleaning his truck, not his wheeler ;)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
as stated above...same. we get love bug swarms here. they are acid based bugs, guts will eat through paint and etch glass.

·
Registered
762 Posts
start off with a good detail. a freshly detailed truck is as smooth as silk (the paint).
clay bar
buffer
and some wax and you are golden!
the bugs and such come off ALOT easier then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts