Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently got 29.5 laws and goin to do some clutch work. i was looking at the hl S.D. extrme clutch kit or some EPI clutch springs cant decide, also wich clutch springs would be best. and how much of a stall would there be?? thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
just go with maroon pri and red sec . stall is not bad at all. kits are a waste of money. order springs from epi

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
yup order springs, id go with a maroon or pink primary and a red secondary. the maroon primary has a little more stall than the pink. my maroon stalls to 2K RPM

·
Registered
50 Posts
ya i have just the red secondary with stock primary been on 2 rides and like this set up alot. only wonts to slip if you are in high and in a rut trying to go slow you can feel it wonting to slip but all you have to do is tap the throttle hard just for a second to get it to grap then your good. that is with 2 riders on.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
almond primaryand lime green or red secondary

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much does a maroon primary and red seconadry cost???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Bout 20 a piece

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya that ALOT cheaper than i clutch kit! im defintly goin to get the red secondary still havnt decided on primary

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think im leanin more torded the maroon

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You will like the almond Primary way better with the red secondary....if you don.t mind tiny stall the Bright Green primary will do better.....but the almond for sure.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Definitely don't waste your money on the clutch kit!!! You only need the 2 springs (primary & secondary). The clutch kit will come with different weights, but you truly don't need them. The weights are what cost so much in the kits... Truly no need for them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm goin 2 get the almond primary and red secondary

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i wanna change out my primary weights.
Greater belt grip in the primary.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
i wanna change out my primary weights.
Greater belt grip in the primary.
Very True....If you have a lot of time and wanna get it tuned in perfectly.....find the springs you like...then go with the weights. Brute650i can tell you what too much can do...lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i was just about to order the extreme clutch kit. so all i need is springs? where do i get them and wat colors for 28-29.5 tires? sorry kno u have mentioned it tbut want to make sure

G

·
i was just about to order the extreme clutch kit. so all i need is springs? where do i get them and wat colors for 28-29.5 tires? sorry kno u have mentioned it tbut want to make sure

28's-Probably lime green (could use dark green also) secondary and almond or maroon primary

29.5's-Probably red secondary and almond or maroon primary. The Maroon Primary is going to give your bike a little bit more stall than the almond, so it just kinda depends on what you like. I have a Maroon primary and a Dark Green secondary, which works great for me. Not sure of any real advantages of having the maroon over the almond. I think they do about the same job, just almond has just a little less stall.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts

don't get the kit...just the springs will be fine. what size tires are you getting for sure?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.