Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off clutch? i have 28" swampwitches on 12" stock rims and on my 5th belt haha since i got them. I tryed the hd belts and all my friends said stock belts are the best so thats what i am running now. from what i read a clutch springs are a must if i want to stop breaking them. i am up for sugestions. i have looked at the spring chart and sorry i must be a dumb but i dont realy understand it well i understand the secondary spring in need but not the other one.

Also iam thinking of getting a 2in lift with hd springs and 1.5 spacers. i have heard a few of my friends say iam looking at running into alot of probs if i get them. Is that true am i going to tear up cv and stuff if i get them.

aone more small ? i have totaled my bike before well i tore up the hole front end. i was doing a wheelie across a field i had never been in before and went off a 5ft ditch doing around 30 to 40 and left tire hit first. it broke left tierode and left side shock mounts and bent both arms left side and bent in my frame. i replaces all the parts and i bent out the frame. The left upper a-arm hanger cruched into my diff and i bent it back out but it is week now and it is slowly bending back in. i was wondering whats that best fix should i cut off and weld new on or bend back out and make a support braket. :thinking: any sugestions.

thank yall for all yalls help:rockn:

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
for 28's like that, probably a maroon primary, and an almond secondary would do. Might need a green but, either would work.

A lift, HD Springs, & Spacers are all def. going to put more stress on your knuckles & CV's... Thumb Control is your friend. If it was me, I'd just scratch the HD springs off the list.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have one slight prob i guess you would say i have a "lead thumb" i love to go fast. is the springs going to slow me down. Thats the main reason for not changing them for all this time. I hear they slow you down alot but iam to the point of just not careing iam tired of burning belts up. I all ways seem to burn them up when pulling hondas out. I cant pull anything out without smelling my belt burning.

also thanks for the tip i was not sure if i realy wanted to get the hd springs. this may be dumb but the only reason i realy wanted them was for aftermarket look haha. i like the yellow spring but dont realy care to spend the money if they realy dont do much plus iam saving up to buy all new plastic, iam tired if how rough and broken my baby looks. i have wreaked it way to may times. last xmas i fliped it on top of me lucky it hit a tree first or i would be dead. but it just made if fall a different way and broke the end of my femer and tore my acl and a few other ones. but i was a champ took three people to help me back on and i rode three more hours haha

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
the almond wont slow your top speed down much Ive still hit around 65 and had more. if anything the maroon primary and almond secondary will make it accelerate faster than it does now, close to how it was with the factory tires

·
Registered
733 Posts
i just put in the maroon primary and almond sec and they helped a lot. you can feel that bottom end. havent been anywhere for top speed yet. i had the 28s and the 2" lift on it for two years and never had a problem with burning belts and breaking axles....(knock on wood) and i been through a lot with that thing. there is always a chance in breaking something, but we dont do this stuff to em to ride up and down the driveway to check the mail. gotta take some chances.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the almond wont slow your top speed down much Ive still hit around 65 and had more. if anything the maroon primary and almond secondary will make it accelerate faster than it does now, close to how it was with the factory tires
Not to change subject but you running your 30 inch Zillas how much did you have to lift the bike? I just bought another brute 750i so tires, wheels and possible lift will be ordered. Just looking to see what options they’re are.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
Actually I've seen guys run the 30" zilla's without a lift. But a 2" lift would definitely give you added clearance.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
none if I remember correctly. We are talking about the maxxis zilla, not the MUDzilla correct? If so I know I saw guys run 30's with no lift. Truth of the matter is the tires aren't true to size. My 27's even with 10# of air only measured like 26"
So the 30's will probably measure short as well. 2" lifts are pretty cheap so if you're setting up for mud I'd go on and pair a 2" lift with the 30's... If you are not wanting to lift at all, and are more concerned with trail riding comfort, look at getting the 28's instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts