Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wandering how much it would cost to get my clutches worked on, like do the stage 3 w/ spider mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanx, I got an 06 brute with a red/almond clutch springs and I dnt trust they could turn my moto monsters like I need to

·
Vendor
25 Posts
That EPI spring setup won't turn a large tire anywhere near as easy and fast as my stage 3 setup will.

345.00 gets you stage 3 spidermod done on your primary clutch with my custom primary and secondary spring suited to yoursetup. and 2 day shipping back to you. Optional adjustable weights are 200.00 IF needed for BBK, teryx bevels, or all out racing apps

usually takes me a day or so to get it done unless I'm backed up.

with my mod on there you actually gain all over and have a more reliable clutch. going 50+ mph in just LOW gear with even more low end, makes it very nice addition for racing as well.

John

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not trying to jack thread but Im just curious. John you say you can get 50 or so in low gear with your stage 3 mod. Goes it turn a stock machine into a wheelie monster? Does it affect top end? Would it be benificial if I 90% trail ride.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that sounds awesome of a deal, I have an 06 brute with a DSC 840 kit and im sure id def want and need the adjustable weights. But a couple guys in my group has clutch work done from you and they say you are foremost the best at clutch work and ive seen what your clutches can do. So all total be about $600?

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Not trying to jack thread but Im just curious. John you say you can get 50 or so in low gear with your stage 3 mod. Goes it turn a stock machine into a wheelie monster? Does it affect top end? Would it be benificial if I 90% trail ride.
It'll wheelie if th emotor is tuned correctly. that shouldn't be hard to do at all. most complain about wheelies. I can't keep the front end of my brute's down at all.

pending tire size is what you'll get for top end. low gear with my #1 secondary is good for 52-55 pending rev limit.

my #3 secondaey with larger tires will show 50 speedo, but you'll probably be going 55-60 ish depending on the diameter of the tires.

Yes these are in low gear.

High gear changes stock gearing from 75mph to 93 mph top end but you'll never get that fast. it just keeps you clutched longer and stops overrevving which pulls this motor further away from peak power (when stock)

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Man that sounds awesome of a deal, I have an 06 brute with a DSC 840 kit and im sure id def want and need the adjustable weights. But a couple guys in my group has clutch work done from you and they say you are foremost the best at clutch work and ive seen what your clutches can do. So all total be about $600?

for a brute with the mod, springs, and my new gen 2 adjustable weights 545.00

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I can vouch for johns work. Its awsome.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have yet to get this done...
I know my clutch needs other work also though. It knocks pretty good and im curious how much more money i would have into it to get it right?
What normally needs replaced on our primary?

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

what I see happen is in stages.

first the faceplate bushing goes bad from the KEBC fork pressing in crooked.

This causes the weights and spider pads, and the lower bushing to wear out prematurely as well.

cocking the movable sheave the weights then get egged out and that eventually cuts into the spider rollers eventually causing them to fall out.

in the mean time, the sheaves are getting grooved up from belt slipping from the 3 angle setup the stock clutch comes with that doesn't grip the belt flat enough causing slippage.

this all happens in about 3500 miles with average riding

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you do any clutches for a polaris sportsman XP ? I've heard for airdam but he's 800$ bones.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So primary work/level 3 spidermod etc and springs in both secondary/primary for 345 $? I might get a hold of you soon.. went for a ride and my epi springs aren't working the 31's as well as Id like.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's what I hear...been hearing tons of positives about his work. Next set of days off I'm sure ill give him a call.. too bad he doesn't do Polaris. I just bought a rzr ill need clutch work done soon I'm sure lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep to bad he doesn't do polaris I've read and heard a lot of good about his work.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That should tell you something about Polaris. lol.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Actually after some reading it seems polaris has pretty good clutching stock..at least the razers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts