Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna b installing 28 swamp fox tires. will i needa change any clutch springs?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yes. You'll need atleast an almond secondary, if not a lime green. Those are pretty heavy tires at 35 pounds each. they're only 3 pounds lighter than an outlaw at comparable sizes

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is the best place to order that at?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
^^^^:agreed:. Like 27 bucks shipped. Whether you buy or make dont forget the primary tool and secondary spring remover.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yep. search the kawie howto section here for info on all that and let us know what other questions you come up with

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k. wat about the primary

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kk. gonna order the almond or should i just do bright green

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
if it was me, i'd do lime green. im a low end junkie and dont give a **** about top speed. belt grip is very important to me too. some would say almond is plenty for those tires, but it's really up to you. my top speed with 28 laws and lime green secondary is around 51mph. almond will be 3-5 mph higher. make sure you get the primary puller if you dont already ahve one

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
also make sure you get secondary springs. they also have almond and bright green primary springs so be careful which one you buy.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i could care less bout top speen. i mean if i need it i know i got a lil bit there...

think il just go with the lime green. thanks big p

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k. ordering secondary springs n puller,

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I had thoses same tires and was running an almond secondary/ brite green primary and really liked that setup, never had a belt problem pulled hard to around 57(by speedo) after that it was a little slower going, But your not going to want to go that fast with them, they walk all over the road, heck getting to that speed was hard enough keeping it on the road. So i say an almond will be good

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bought the lime green.. if its not much im not afaird to pull it back apart.. id say it will b ok.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
big p. wat did u use to compress the spring?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i made a lil tool out of parts i got from home depot or lowes.

you need
5/8 allthread
two big nuts and washers to fit that allthread
a piece of flat bar steel
couple bolts with washers and nuts to go through it

drill you a couple holes in the flat bar on the sides so you can adjust the width of the bolts.

metal man made one out of a steel pipe cap, maybe he'll post some pics. mine's similar to the one phreebsd is using in the video in the howto section. make sure before you start you have
primary clutch puller
secondary compressor tool ---^
snap ring pliers
torque wrench that will torque in both directions

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok. so the bolts push down on the springs? right

1 - 20 of 23 Posts