Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on this forum. Found lots of good info already

Here is my situation.brute force 650i Ran low on oil spun rear connecting rod bushing. Pulled the engine removed heads. Removed connecting rod without having to split engine. Ordered the brown bushing according to the colour cordinated chart in the manual. (Brown crank, no mark on rod=brown bushing) the rod had no up and down play on bushing. But about a 1/8" side to side on the top of rod. Not sure if that is a issue or not. Put her all back together. Ran beautiful for about 10mins. Now I can start to hear a knock again not so much when in neutral but when moving in gear and give it a shot of gas. Is it possible the crank has wrecked the new bushing in only 10 mins? The crank looked fine to the eye. Not to scored or anything. Or did I go with the wrong bushing to start with? Do the bushings change accordingly to crank wear? Or is what ever colour it came with the only choice? And once it is out of spec the crank has to be replaced? I'm desperately hoping not to have to replace the crank. Thanks again for any help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts