Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 750. Just ordered my gold and red springs for the clutches and I was wondering if I take a tint drill bit could I effectively lighten my weights myself and they would work the same? I’d like to take 2g off each

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
You could, but I think I'd have a machine shop do it... if they aren't done correctly I would think they might end up un-balanced and cause issues? I dunno though, I'm not much of an expert on weight, only springs.

·
7,411 Posts
You better know what you are doing. I learned a few things about balance and forces along my path and trust me when I say there is much importance in getting it right...and that there are major effect differences between the stock 58 gram weights and just taking off 2 grams. You better have a good scale...and take the weight off of each in the same place...and make all the same weight as the lightest one...and test each one 6 times using the number the scale comes up with the most often. Out of balance..if only a little will destroy themain bearing forst, then other things so get it right or buy a set that are adjustable like VFJs or Dalton's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts