Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some people who have experienced their rear knuckles breaking so my question is, is there a fix for it before they break? I am in the process of changing out my rear axles and noticed that both my rear axles are cracked. Does anybody have any info or mods on how to repair or does anyone make modified knuckles that aren't as prone to break? Do the newer bikes have the same problems?

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I've seen some broken ones and I've seen another guy's fix on them. He took a piece of aluminum stock and had it welded in the hollow or indented parts of the knuckles. He said it worked good and didn't have any more problems. One that I have seen broken was from 2.5" spacers on the back with 31x9 outlaws on it. The other slipped loading on the trailer and hit the rail.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have SRA wheels with 29.5x12 outlaws on the back of mine and I figure that is one thing that is contributing to the problem.

I didn't think it was a good idea to weld on cast aluminum I guess I will look into that though.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I don't think its a bad idea to weld on cast aluminum but maybe harder. I don't know since I don't have the set up to weld aluminum at my shop and have never done it.

Those SRA wheels put more strain on the knuckles but they sure do look good.;)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those SRA wheels put more strain on the knuckles but they sure do look good.;)
:agreed:
I might have found some used ones over on HL I am thinking about swapping them out and maybe trying to modify the cracked ones I will have to see what I can come up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts