Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i followed the torque spec and order of what the chart says in sequence 1-8 but the problem im having is that the crank no longer spins after doing that. There are also some M6 bolts that say they need to be tightened down signified by the A ,B letters, is there something im doing wrong here any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i have a 05 clutch side and a 06 stator side if that makes any difference

Attachments

·
7,338 Posts
I don't think you can use different case parts as the crank thrust is set per each factory assembly. Even just installing a different crank in the same case is an issue. The thrust will have to be replaced and cut to fit..as far as I know. Send an email to nFlow and ask them...or any authorized Kawasaki engine builder...even VFJ.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
In short you cannot mix case halves, if you do they will need to be aligned with each other (on a 10,000th inch level). With special tooling and oversized bearing for the mag side it could be done but I would just get a matched set. I rebuild many of these motors and can tell you the most cost effective way is to replace the cases with used ones and install new crank bearings. The mag side bearing is not something that a novice should attempt without knowing how to replace such a bearing ( like old Chevey sb cam bearings).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts