Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering everyone opinion on boot clamp tightness. Im told different things, some say it can move a bit other say water will get in if you can rotate at all. Im tried with both style clamps and i have the tools and i cant seem to get it so the boot wont rotate. It doesnt rotate easy, i have to hold the cup and really try to get it to move. Will i be ok with that little amount of movement ?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
15,327 Posts
It's probably ok. Just get it as tight as you can w/o pinching it

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You should have both the sealing surface of the boot and the sealing surface of the CV dry when you put it on, that way it makes a good seal.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't use the clamps I use the large zip ties , have never had a problem with the boots rotating or leaking

·
Registered
316 Posts
It doesn't have to be super tight but the surfaces need to be clean as possible. Heck, I've had one of mine installed with a zip tie for a band for about 6 years now. It hasn't moved or came loose yet. Lol

BFWDP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K hopefully it's good then. I've cleaned both surfaces as good as I could. Guess I'll see once I get it back together how it holds

·
Registered
603 Posts
It hard to get the boot on and keep grease from touching it. I stand the axle up and pile the grease on in a pyramid shape. Then slide boot over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts