Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that I have a different cvt cover than stock. Mine says Kawasaki on it and doesn't have a drain hole. I've looked at all my buddies brutes and theirs doesn't say Kawasaki and they do have a drain plug.

Anyone know what this could be off of?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
i put the same one on my 750 after i wrecked it, i think it came off of a 650 sra.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think your right seeing as I have the same cover on my 650sra and the same one on my buddies prairie as well

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is a good question, but at least now i know there's a different cover so i can get one with a drain!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wonder why the person before would have put it on the bike?
Becaust it broke...
When the CVT belt suddenly breaks at high rotational speed, it can puncture a hole in the plastic cover.

·
Registered
416 Posts
^ yup this is what happened to mine.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yup mine did to but i repaired mine. im in the process of finding kfx 700 cover so i can have a cleaner look but i wana find a used one instead of the high priced new ones

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought that something may have happened for them to replace it with it. But I wonder why they didn't just go back to the stock 750 cover?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought that something may have happened for them to replace it with it. But I wonder why they didn't just go back to the stock 750 cover?

prolly cheaper

·
Registered
219 Posts
+1.
Yea, from ebay or junkyard.

·
Registered
320 Posts
you should'nt worry about it because if its snorkeled you wont need to drain anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts