Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new tires and i don't know what to do. I have 14 inch rims and only a two inch lift. With these rims I have to go with either 31 inch laws or 30 inch silverbacks. Will they fit under my bike or do i need to buy 12 inch rims and smaller tires. It looks like these are the baddest tires out. I have only had 589's . I need guidence on my tire and rim combo. If there are better tires out there let me know please.:thinking:

·
Team BS
396 Posts
No, there are no badder tires than the 30's or 31's and they will both fit under you bike with your rims. As far as which one of the 2 you should get, thats up to you. I say the 30" backs are badder than the 31" laws but I'm a little biased.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I have a 2" lift and HL springs I also have to heat the plastics to fit 31's with out rubbing at all.
Oh you will need to remove your front bash plate else the tires will do it for you.

You can see here my bash plate is gone now. I like how it looks personally.

and here's a side view. No rubbing at all.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I was a little wrong in my post, there is one tire badder than the 30's and 31's but you didn't say anything about going bigger so I didn't mention the 32's. They're just nasty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I want my brute to look like PHREEBSD's just Lime Green ;) that thing is bad A$$...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Thanks! :rockn:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
How do the stock axles hold up with tires like that?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
phreebsd is like those f250's you see with 40's on them cruisin through the streets and never even seen grass. his bike stays on the trails......jk it does look good we all know that so when you wanna race :rockn:

·
Registered
278 Posts
My buddy (AAndryiii) got a pari of 30" backs and I got the 29.5's on mine this weekend. We went to Timberlanes for the weekend..... and from what it looks like the 30" backs were out doing me by a little bit, and it's not a rider thing. Just saying he was definitely getting it a bit easier than me! Therefore, from my experience, if i were to get another set I would be going with Backs! By the way our tires are ALMOST the same exact size, you can see them side by side in my avatar.
What i mean to say is... I would recommend you slap some 30" backs on that bad boy and ride. You clear them fine with the 2":bigok:

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I say get the 32's!! lol

I ran the 31" Outlaws and the 32" Silverbacks for quite a while with stock axles and stock belt. I do have a clutch kit though, it helps ALOT!! Never any problems with axles or belt.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Yes they will fit. You will have to do as phreebds did and heat and bend your fenders. May also remove your front bash plate or do some trimming to it.

They will be no worse on fitment than the 31" Outlaws. I've had both 31s & 32s with a 2" Xtreme lift.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
30 inch backs or 31 inch laws what do you guys think. Im ordering tomorow

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i can only vote laws as I've never ridden on backs. But I love em. The 31x11's pull hard!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I vote Backs. Riding My 29.5's which are measuring a true 29.5" to top or tread with AAndryiii right in front or behind with his 30" backs..... They "pull" better. He gets through a bit easier!
What do you say DrillersGoDeeper? You've had both..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts